My fiance and I moved in with my roomate and good friend of three years starting this June. It has become the biggest mistake of my life.

First, she expected that her boyfriend could stay over 24/7 without paying a dime. I used to like Dan, honestly, but I didnt want or sign up fourth roommate and told her as much. I was VERY careful to make sure I was clear that it was nothing personal at all.

Before all this, I was a little irritated because she never invited us out any more; she never even invited me along on girls nights. Well, after the whole Dan situation, she stopped altogether. I talked to her about it once, she promise to change and I believed her; she never did.

Now, my fiance won't speak to her at all. I work with her (for her mom, actually) and therefore I have to speak to her, but I try to keep my distance as much as possible. I get more hurt every time I look at her, the way I feel she's betrayed me. What's worse, she acts like nothing at all is wrong. I don't know if she's so obtuse that she doesn't realize how much she's hurt me, or she just doesn't care. I should add that she knew when we moved up here, away from all our family and friends, that she was one of the few people we knew. I have essentially spent the summer alone and friendless.

I'm afraid if I try to talk to her I'll just scream at her, or curse her out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has brought a huge weight on my shoulders all summer.

Allison