Gah, so this girl that Im friends with, and really care alot about, tells me stuff all the time in confidence.
It bothers me sometimes. I can only ever tell her the same thing, and even though its true, she never believes it.

Sometimes she says its "nice" or "sweet" that I care about her, and I think that she deserves better, but I know she doesnt believe it.

I mean, the things she tells me. Things like her being nearly raped last week by her drunk friend, or like her dad hitting her.

I wish it was all just drama, but I know its all true. It bothers me to know that things like this happen to her, and I cant protect her.

Worst yet, she blames herself. All the time. No matter what I tell her, she just ignores it, or comes up with something else to tell herself.

Oh, and the whole "her dad hits her" thing. That really bothers me. Like, her dad got arrested for drunk driving tonight, and she accidentally told that to her dads girlfriend when she called.

Next thing I know, shes all upset, because her dads girlfriend says shes probably going to break it off now, and shes worried her dad will find out it was her fault and slap her.

I dont know. It bothers me. She always speaks so nice about him, and I know she loves him to death. Then, as I tell her that its not right, she says things like "I deserve it" and "Its ok, its not really that bad" or "Eh, he just gets mad sometimes. He never really hurts me."

Shes making xxxxxxxxx excuses for him. I dont care who the [censored] you are, NO ONE deserves to get hit, ESPECIALLY not her.

On top of all of this, I feel so helpless. I want to protect her, but I cant. I cant threaten her dad, like I have other people who hurt her, and I cant find some place to get her out of there, because I know she would never leave. I cant call child services, or tell my parents, because I promised I wouldnt. Besides, child services is there constantly anyways, and they have never noticed anything.

God, I feel like this should be anonymous, but I actually want some response, and we know anonymous posts are more likely to get ignored.

Last edited by PDM; 04/05/08 01:27 PM.

I only have one parakeet