RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#264250 03/01/08 04:12 AM
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Ok i know i just posted something happy just yesterday, but now im having difficulty. mY sister has a boyfriend, they been dating for more than 4 months perhaps. they've been talking about getting married in November or somewhere around there.
well while at work, i didn't get the full story but my mom got upset about her going somewhere else than home. I was my brake during this time, so i didn't get the whole story, like i have said, but when i got home with my other sister, we saw mom on the couch crying. Sarah didn't come home, and dad went after her. he took a couple pillows,and a blanket. My dad is risking alot for my sister. I have no idea whats going on, or what the heck how it's going to end. But i need help, prayer, and advice that can help me along. This has happened before, when i don't know, but i do know i can't do it this all my own.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Love one another, and God
Companion
Companion
Well, I can't do much, but you're in my thoughts. Try and comfort your mom in the meanwhile. If this has happened before, did your sister come home safetly?

"My name is my law"
T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
I'm confused as to what exaclty happened, but I really hope everything turns out okay. you and your family are in my thoughts

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi, I get the impression that you are sensitive young man and that your family means a lot to you. I can empathise with this as I am very close to my family too.

The thing is, if ever there are problems with members of your family, you feel that you have to try to solve them. Sometimes, of course, you can ~ but often, you cannot.

I think, from your post, that you sister has left home, with her boyfriend of 4 months, whom she wishes to marry.
Your father has gone after them & your mother is very upset.

Other than that, I don't know the situation.

Four months is not a long time ~ and I would recommend that any 'child' of mine waited longer before deciding to marry, but plenty of people do feel sure that they have found the right person in that short amount of time; and many are correct.

A lot depends on the age of your sister ~ and the age of the boy ~ and their personalities.
Are they old enough & mature enough to make this decision?
Is he a nice person, who can be trusted to care for her?
Are they safe?

Why do they feel that they have to run off?
Are your parents overly strict or difficult to talk to, perhaps?
Do all involved need to try to see things from the other's point of view?

Ultimately, you cannot control how your sister or your parents behave, but you can talk to them & help them through difficult situations, and to understand different viewpoints ~ and you have your girlfriend who is a support to you as well.

You say 'i can't do it this all my own' ~~ what is it that you feel that you have to 'do'?

Good luck! smile

Last edited by PDM; 03/01/08 07:23 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #264831 03/02/08 05:41 AM
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Originally Posted By: PDM

Are they old enough & mature enough to make this decision?
Is he a nice person, who can be trusted to care for her?
Are they safe?

You say 'i can't do it this all my own' ~~ what is it that you feel that you have to 'do'?

Good luck! smile

I think the boyfriend is ready, but still needs to wait. I work with this guy, and he's preety cool, wouldn't mind having him as a brother in law

As for my sister, she old enough, but mentally, she's very young.

me my girlfriend have been going out for alomst a year, but we don't talk about marriage in school, or outside. One we ae still in school. 2 - i don't think her parents ae ready to give her up. 3 - My job aint going to pay enough, so i'm woking my butt off to get a better job that can support us. $7 an hour anit going to cut it. plus i only work like 2 nights a week. I'm still in school, so i want to be able to graduate witha dimploma without wok calling me to come in.

I've gone off topic, any way i just think they need more time, my mom doing fine now and my sis did come home, as well as my dad. things are still kind of confusing and i need help. As for i can't do this on my own, I eally can't if something like this happens again, i want to know exactly what to do. I know this may seem impossable, but i can't afford my sister acting like a 2 year old.

Lee Willam Huntley IV
DJ Jah Man
Love one another, and God
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: lwhuntley4
.... my mom doing fine now and my sis did come home, as well as my dad. things are still kind of confusing and i need help. As for i can't do this on my own, I really can't if something like this happens again, i want to know exactly what to do. I know this may seem impossable, but i can't afford my sister acting like a 2 year old.

I still don't know what it is you want to be able to do.

You cannot control how other people feel and act.
You can talk & you can listen, but, ultimately, what your sister does & how your parents react is not under your control.

Obviously you are concerned, so why not just suggest a family chat, where you each give an opinion on the situation with a pre-organised set of rules ~ people try to be rational, objective & unemotional' and no-one is blamed or criticised for their point of view, etc?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site