RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Okay,so my sister got married last saturday. I walked down the isle with my now brother-in-law's younger cousin, who is 1 year older than me, very good looking, and has a great personality. I have only known him for a week, but I have/am developing a crush on him. My best friend, who was also in the wedding, said that he was intensly staring at me the whole ceremony. I'll admit that I stole a few glances, too. At the reception, I looked up and caught him staring at me. We then shared a stare for a few seconds. We didn't talk very much. Didn't have much chance to. He left the reception as it ended and I haven't seen or heard of/from him since. Is this worth pursuing?

p.s. One problem, he lives in Chicago, I live in Maryland.

R
OP Offline
R
Okay, can I please get some advice?

Just a little update, (this is going to be very teenagery) I added him on myspace. I told him I thought he was pretty cool and that I hoped he didn't mind me adding him. He said it was cool and asked how I found his myspace. I told him how and he hasn't messaged me back yet. Like I said, just a little update.

Last edited by rmc19945; 08/12/07 09:18 PM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi & welcome rmc1994 smile

Well with modern technology like My Space & e-mail, there is no reason you can't keep in touch, and, being related now, there are more chances for meeting up. You also have a sister & brother-in-law to act as go-betweens. It's a sweet little tale & I hope that it has a happy ending.

Actually, your story brings back memories for me from way back! Pretty much exactly the same thing happened to me ~ but we were only nine at the time! Nothing came of it ~ we were too young of course ~ but I still think of him fondly. smile

Good luck!

Last edited by PDM; 08/12/07 09:52 PM. Reason: typo

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks a lot! That's great advice, but I still don't know if he likes me back. What do you guys think? I mean, when I added him on myspace, he was curious to know how I found him. If he wasn't interested at all, he wouldn't care, right?

Last edited by rmc19945; 08/13/07 02:24 AM.
R
OP Offline
R
Okay, I need a little more advice. In my previous relationships, I've never made the first move so I'm not very good with this. I want to message him on myspace (yeah, more teenager xxxx), but I have no idea what to say. I don't know him well enough to just be like "hey, what's up?" Suggestions?

Last edited by PDM; 08/15/07 06:07 PM.
S
Friend
Friend
S
Maybe you could start by just asking him a few questions about himself? What does he like to do? What did he think about the wedding? I don't know. I'm pretty shy, so I almost always wait for other people to make the first move. (Of course, unless he has a blank myspace page, his interests are all laid out for you, already.. quite honestly, I don't understand the mentality.)

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
R
OP Offline
R
I know he likes and plays sports, but I know nothing about them.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Well, you could just start, as Sal says, by asking him about the wedding.

How long did it take him to get there & back?
Did he like the food?
Does he see his cousin often?

There are all sorts of general questons you could ask, just to be friendly.

Have you visited Chicago? ~ You could ask him what it's like there and if he has been to Maryland before. (I'm just assuming that this is where the wedding took place.)
Did he like Maryland?
Does he do much travelling?

Does he like school?
What are his favourite subjects?
Which sports does he enjoy?

What music does he like?
What are his hobbies?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks for all the great advice!

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site