Hi guys. First off, I'm a new member so sorry if I inadvertently break any forum regulations in this post.

This is about a female friend of mine. We met in college last year. She's never had a boyfriend and admits to being scared off very easily. She's a very friendly, outgoing kind of girl, despite being nervous about relationships. We started seeing each other, until a mutual male friend told her lies about me that scared her off. We stayed friends but things were awkward and we weren't hugely close friends (which was partly my fault for being a bit clingy which obviously pushed her further away!)

This year, we live in different houses but a short walk from each other so things have been better. 3 weeks ago, I went on a few dates with a girl who turned out to be course-mates with my friend. My friend took quite an interest, asking me and this girl how often we were seeing each other, whether we were officially a couple yet etc etc.

Since I finished with the girl- so for the last 4 weeks- my friend has been more friendly than ever. She's started calling me more often by a little nickname, lots more eye contact smiling etc. We also spend more time together- I've been down to hers the last 2 Saturday nights to watch films. She always suggests we watch them in her room and we end up under her duvet. During these occasions, she seems to get a bit nervous and fidgety but seems perfectly happy to meet again.

Last week when we were slightly tipsy, she linked arms with me while walking to a club and asked me to walk her home and did the same. Now if we're out together alone she links my arm, but sometimes seems a bit nervous about it. She stops showing signs of interest if we're out in our group of friends.

A few days ago, she texts me asking if I can walk down with her to the doctors because she's feeling unwell, so we walk down linking arms. In the waiting room she asks if I'd like to watch Inception during the week (but we didnt finalise a date). As we're walking back she's walking by my side then says "Oh I'll hold onto you" and links arms. Then she invites me into hers to watch Notting Hill for the afternoon- again in her bed with her.

Is she just being friendly and this is just us becoming closer friends or could it be something else? Thanks!