Hi Andrew ~ welcome smile

After breaking up with her boyfriend, this woman became quite friendly with you, but later started avoiding you.
This has all happened in the last few weeks.

I wonder why?

It's difficult to tell, when one isn't party to the situation, but it could be a number of things.

It could be that, after the break-up, she simply enjoyed getting (male) attention ~ hence the make-up etc.

It could be that she enjoys your company, but is not ready for another relationship, yet, and thinks that maybe you are ~ or, even, that she only wants friendship from you and worries that you might want something more.

It could be that she really likes you, but is a bit wary ~ or shy ~ about admitting it ~ possibly even to herself.

You say that she is 34 and, at 27, her ex was only 27. So do I take it that you are nearer to her age?

Quote:
I have grown some feelings for her that are beyond normal friendship. I do however, wish that things are exactly the way they were before - just good friends that hang out together and enjoy the company of one another. But now it's not the same anymore and I'm lost, I don't know what to do anymore.

As you say, things have changed because your feelings have changed.

What to do?

Well, you could be honest with her ~
Tell her how much you have enjoyed her company, recently, and that you have become really fond of her, but that you have noticed a distance growing between you ~ and you would like to do something about that, by being honest and open with her about the situation.
Tell her that you would like to date her, if she were interested, but, if not, then, at least, that you would like to go back to being good friends, who are comfortable around each other, because you would not like to lose her from your life.

What do you think?

Good luck!

smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.