Thank you PDM for answering my question. The points you make are the ones that I consider myself and put me into uncertainty; the only way to know is to ask, specially now that she has drifted away.
She had dated guys who were lot older than her so chances are that she is comfortable with older guys, but still, one never knows.
To answer your question, I like her very much and I used to respect her tons because her personality and the way she dealt with me and mainly her understanding of my jokes and myself in general; did not have those feelings to begin with and she was just one person, but they grew as I knew her. Another thing is that we are so similar in likes and even expressions and that amazes me a lot. I would like to go out with her if I had a chance but better, I would like to have the chance to hangout more with her to get to know her better. As the age gap, it is a big one but I do not really mind, specially considering that she is or seems a really mature person. Im looking for a serious relationship in general and but I would like to know her better, specially after this happened; i certainly admire her a lot, more than I admired anyone else for many reasons.

I will try to talk when I have the chance; I guess I'm really afraid of rejections...

Thank you!