Hi Caplan smile

You say that you have mentioned this girl here before ~ is it the one in this thread?
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/275954

I am sorry to hear about your depression. I don't know if it helps at all, but you are not the first or only young person to post similar concerns on the forum.

This is unsurprising.
Because of hormonal changes, teenagers become very emotional, can easily 'fall in love' and can also become depressed.

During most of my teens I was besotted with the same boy. He, however, was only interested in my friend.
Another boy asked me out almost every day, but I only had eyes for the first one.

I also suffered teenage depression, but not over boys.
I think that it must almost be very common.
However, it is definitely unpleasant and it is good that you are seeing a doctor about it.

Unrequited love is bittersweet and very common in teens.
And it may not have anything to do with the 'mistaker' that you say you have made

It's sad that, at 15, you have been called a 'stalker'.
It is normal for girls & boys to 'chase' each other.
My friends and I used to wander around regularly and 'accidentally' bump into the local lads.
How horrible to think of this as stalking.

Anyway, I met another boy when I was 18 and I have been with him ever since ~ 35 years.

That's how it can work.

I am sorry, but there is nothing anyone can do to make a girl (or boy) have romantic feelings towards them.

I couldn't make that boy like me.
Neither could I force myself to have feelings for the other one.

And it would not be good, for you or her, if she did agree to go out with you.
You would both know that she didn't feel romantically towards you, so it would not be a success.

You will only feel truly happy with a girl when you find one who likes you as much as you like her.

Perhaps you just need to tell this girl that you cannot help the way you feel, and cannot help finding her attractive, but that you will accept that she does not wish to go out with you, and that you hope that you can at least be friendly towards each other.

Apologise for making her feel uncomfortable, but assure her that you never intended to do so or to upset her.

If you think that there has been a misunderstanding about something, then try to clear it up.

Once the air has been cleared, you may feel a little better about this.

I hope so.
Good luck with this smile

By the way, what is the problem with your best friend?
Such a falling out can't be helping matters.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.