PDM has the right idea. This is what I would have done.

There are really only two things to do.

1) Do what PDM suggested

2) Take initiative and attack first

I remember pulling this in high school (I'm 23 so don't think I'm really old or anything, so I know where you're coming from.)

Ask her for her help in Spanish, even if you've won medals and awards for any skill you may have in Spanish, ask her anyway. Its an innocent way of having alone time. From here while she's teaching you, listen to her, be interested as much as you can, but keep your cool. Ask questions to prove that you're paying attention. Also (and this is crucial) be sure to also make small talk. Ask her what her favorite color are, favorite band/musician, movie, how her weekend was, how Halloween was, keep it small and innocent at first. Study her face, her gestures, if she twirls her hair, if she smiles a lot, if SHE makes the small talk first, most of all, her words. Be on the lookout for key words.

Depending on how long you make the kill is really up to you. I personally would get her help twice, and toward the end of the second meeting, I would ask something like "Hey what are you doing this weekend?" or one of my favorites, "I appreciate your help, maybe I can buy you (lunch/dinner/drink) to show my thanks." Be sure that whatever you decide to say to her, show her that you do appreciate everything she's done for you, and that you want to get to know her out of character.

I'm here for ya kid, good luck. If you need any specific advice or maybe a little upper or some insight, you can find me here.

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---