PDM -

Meg and I met when I was already engaged. We've been roommates for the past two years in a different (college) apartment. We made the decision - the three of us - to move in to an apartment, thus splitting the rent and cable and power and everything, three ways. Our couple-dom never bothered her before.

Meg and I used to do girls nights. We also used to do roomie nights, with Doug. Again, no issues there. If anything, she and Doug were always closer than she and I.

Dan and Doug were both usually at our old apartments on the weekends, only. But in the old apartment we were not paying for any utilities or cable or water or anything - it was essentially a glorified dorm. I never minded having Dan here on the weekends, but having a fourth person in a three person apt., especially a fourth person showering and using all the hot water, really killed us utility-wise. He was not and has not paid anything.

I could care less if Meg wanted to have 30 people sleeping over every weekend, but unlike a lot of college kids (apparently) the fact that I am up by 8:30 at the latest on the weekdays and often have to be at the newspaper offices before then makes it difficult to share shower/kitchen/living space with yet another person. I'm kicking myself for not seeing the "three's a croud" problem before, but to be honest, I didn't think she and Dan would last. They had ony just started dating when we signed the lease. (He's 26 and she's 20 - so he is not in college and basically has no job to speak of with required attendance.)

But really, my problem with Meg stems from the fact that we were such good friends and she dropped me like a hot potato. I'm just so angry about it all the time, and now I'm stuck living with her until next June when I graduate. I want to think we could be friends again, but I just don't know if I can trust her.

Allison