ive had similar problems. i dont do anything bad besides drink rarely, and my bfs parents have problems with me. some times i feel like its cause im not the prettiest girl, or that because i had financial problems last year that supposedly makes me 'bad'. im 25 (26 in 6 mos), and hes 21 (22 in less than a month), but his mother has outright said to me that age doesnt matter since they have a couple year difference too. also too they try to control him. hes an extremely intelligent man and is doing well for himself, doesnt get in to trouble or does anything wrong, but they treat him like hes 16. he currently lives in his parents house because hes paying off college, but hes a grown man.. hes not a baby. he wont stand for himself because they threaten to kick him out and currently we dont have enough money to move in to a place together and wont til the end of this yr, so him taking the way out isnt an option. i dont like it one bit and i try to get him to come to my house as often as i can, but they still give him hell for it if he doesnt call at certain times or doesnt come home for the night. i understand being a parent and worrying, but they take worrying too far. i love him though to death and ive held my place by his side for nearly 2 years now, and im not going anywhere.