Originally Posted By: Dagny
Ichi-thats what my mom said, but she wants me to make my own decisions and be happy. I don't know, I think any advice they'd give us throughout life would be great and welcomed...but in the end I don't want to make my life mirror what they expect it to look like...I like to make my own decisions

You're right: you need to make your own decisions on your own. That's the only way people become adults. And, you really don't become an adult until you've been knocked on the ground, hard, and have to pick yourself up, which doesn't typically happen until your late 20s early 30s. That's when you get to know yourself.

Getting back to my advice, I say it from personal experience and observation. Other people may have other experiences and you should hear those as well. However, behaviors rarely change because people are either comfortable or successful with them. Only a major crisis or loss of confidence will cause someone to change. That doesn't happen too often.

Here's more general advice about life: Think with your head first, your heart is for finetuning your decisions.

Last edited by masseur_ichi; 06/20/08 11:18 PM.