I have to agree with PMD for the most part. I am a guy(only 13) but, I know what I am talking about her. Guys are different than girls. We both struggle to understand each other. Guys struggle to understand why girls are so forward and complex. Girls struggle to understand why guys are so withdrawn when it comes to emotions. I can tell you why in one word. The Girl. The guy usually wants to look tough and strong in front of women. It is primal instinct. I am very sorry to hear about what you did. I have seen it happen so many times in middle school as a relationship mediator. People don't respond and the other person over reacts and breaks up. I have to agree that you way over reacted. I can understand because nearly every girl does. Why guy's need space is when they are hurt they like to try and find a solution and to figure out why. Now there is NO way you should beg him or anything like that to get back together. If he loves you he will come back to you on 4 legs(happens all the time). I have no doubt that he does but, just let him think it through. Just keep telling him you love him when you talk with him. Try not to help the process to much otherwise the guy will feel pressured and likely to make a bad choice but regret it later. I hope that he comes back and you can go on together especially id it leads to marriage. Good luck and relax.

"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
~ by Oliver Wendell Holmes ~