Everytime I leave him I go home and cry

Visitor's Question from a 21-30 year old Female
I am in love with my bestfriend. He lives with his on and off girlfriend of the last 7 years. I've never met her. Him and I are a little more than just friends. Basically, I am the woman he's cheating on her with. We have amazing chemistry, have sex frequently, always hug and kiss in public, we have a great time hanging out and really enjoy each others company. However, my love for him is way beyond us just being friends. It has been for the last two months now. I'm constantly in conflict with what to do. I enjoy the friendship and know that he's someone I want in my life but being in love with someone I can't have is killing me. Everytime I leave him I go home and cry. I feel like this is something that I should walk away from because I've become very stressed and depressed about it. I can't get involved with anyone else when I know my heart is with him. I've tried to walk away but I miss him for the few days that we don't talk. I know I need to end the friendship, the sex and just everything but can't bring myself to do it. Yes, he knows how I feel about him and he told me he just can't give me what I want right now. I'm so sick about this that I can't eat, I barely sleep, and it's affecting everything in my life in a negative way. My other friends say I need to run fast. How do I find the strength to just let go? No, I've never met the girlfriend, but I've been in their apartment and shamefully spent the night with him there when she moved out briefly.

RomanceClass.com Advice
You need to see a professional counselor.

There is too much stress, depression, and anxiety in your life for you to deal with it or for getting much help off an internet website. The counselor may suggest that you see your doctor and get a prescription for some anti-depressant medication.

This will also help give you the strength to walk away from him... or if it goes the other way help make you more attractive to him. At the very least, the meds will give you some relief from your symptoms. And perhaps your doctor will suggest some meds to help you sleep.

It may also help for you to talk this out with your b/f to constantly reinforce whatever understanding you have.

Good luck! George

-- from George
One of Your Friendly Advisors at RomanceClass.com

Add RomanceClass  to Twitter Add RomanceClass  to Facebook Add RomanceClass  to MySpace Add RomanceClass  to Del.icio.us Digg RomanceClass+ Add RomanceClass  to Yahoo My Web Add RomanceClass  to Google Bookmarks Add RomanceClass  to Stumbleupon Add RomanceClass  to Reddit

Speak Your Mind - Share your Thoughts on this Question!

All Advice in the category - Flirting and Friendship

Browse our Answer Database
- Browse Answers by Question Category
- Browse Answers by Age Group
- Browse Answers by Date of Response

Please read through the advice on this site before you Submit your Own Question! We have thousands of pages of valuable advice that can immediately help you with your situation.