Why have I heard nothing now?
Visitor's Question from a 21-30 year old Female
Hello. I wrote in before under should I see him when I am there under the I want my ex back advice. George gave some great advice that was what I needed to hear from an unbiased party. My friends had some other advice, that to me seemed like they just were very upset I have been hurt by him. Yours was very good. My problem right now is I agreed with what you said in seeing him when I am in town for business for closure or to see where we stand. The last contact I had with him was after he text messaged me December 13, saying we might get to get together in January when I am there. He also said he was going away to see his girlfriend over the holidays, and wished me a great holiday season. I sent him along with other friends a holiday email wishing them a Merry Christmas. This was the week of Christmas. No reply from him. I assumed he was still with her as she is in college and I fiqured she had a long winter break. Then last week I emailed just him saying I hope he had a great new year, also asking if he still wanted to meet for dinner when I am there. Still no response. Now I think he has to be home from visiting her in another state,why have I heard nothing now? My question is what should I do? Send him another email when my visit becomes closer? Should I back off? After all it was him he contacted me first after our breakup saying he missed my company. I just don't want to look like a stalker or something, but I really need to see him. I event hough about just sending him an email stating if you want to meet for dinner meet me in the hotel lobby at 5. Then just going down to see if he came. I thought this would give him time to decide. I have told myself that this trip will be an answer to my questions. If he comes to see me then I know he still cares and wants to discuss what happened. If he doesn't I have decided to totally move on with my life and not look back, as hard as it may be. I can't keep playing into his games of seeing and talking to him on his terms and when it is convienient for him. And I can't live in some grey area where I am not sure how he feels. Does this sound like a reasonable decision I have made, and second when should I email him before I go and what should I say? Thanks for your help in my matter. You gave great advice before and I am looking forward to your response again.
At this point you probably suspect how he feels.
But, your idea of setting up a dinner and seeing if he shows up will give you closure one way or the other. So it is a good idea.
Send it to him about a week before your visit and tell him you want to meet to one last time to get some closure. That should draw him out.
Good luck! George
-- from George
One of Your Friendly Advisors at RomanceClass.com
Visitor Submitted Responses
Our RomanceClass visitors have chimed in with thoughts on this question and answer. Click on a link below to read what their solutions are!
Prepare to move on