WE are very Jealous..Visitor's Question from a 16-20 year old Male
Well everyone i need help. Me and my Girlfriend dated for 2 years and 2 months. until i proposed and we became engaged. here are our problems. we are both 18 years old.
I have a hard time with my Fiance talking to her old guy/girl friends from her home town. She was a really popular girl in school and now that she moved away whenever she goes back to visit i fear that guys are going to try and get on her (one guy already tried and didn't succeed). I do honestly believe with my heart she would never cheat on me. But the old phrase "What if" haunts me. There for i tend to not let her go unless i can be with her every second of the day while she is there. Her home town is 6 hours away and in a different state so its not a easy thing to always go with her.
She is a big flirt and enjoys talking with her guy friends were we live, this does not bother me to much were i know all the kids. However if a girl came and asked me a question she would freak and get up set. She even gets upset if certain guys talk to me? She knows i love her more then anything but she worries a girl will try to get on me just to spite her (we are a hated couple in our town.
Some questions i have are.
1) does she have a right, or should she act the way she does when other girls/guys ask me questions concerning school, ect?
2) Is it normal for couples to be this jealous?
3) i feel really bad about not letting her see old friends but i cant bring my self to let her drive 6 hours away and i have no idea who anyone there is. Please tell me if i am wrong or what i should do?
4) i have no problem with having no friends besides her. i am a busy college student and don't have time for much else, however she gets jealous when i go to school and work. what should i do?
Im sorry to bother everyone with my questions but i love her to death and im afraid that our Jealousy issues are going to ruin us.
Yes, jealousy could easily split you up in the end.
Both of you are going to have to work hard to resolve these issues. Be sure to discuss this whenever you can without getting into fights. See if you can find some compromises. Sometimes the hardest problems can be solved by just compromising where each one gives up something if the other one gives up something. Or, one agrees to do something if the other one agrees to do something.
It is not normal for a couple with a good relationship to have so much jealousy. You really need to do something about it.
Good luck! George
-- from George
One of Your Friendly Advisors at RomanceClass.com
Speak Your Mind - Share your Thoughts on this Question!
All Advice in the category - Jealousy Issues
Browse our Answer Database- Browse Answers by Question Category
- Browse Answers by Age Group
- Browse Answers by Date of Response
Please read through the advice on this site before you Submit your Own Question! We have thousands of pages of valuable advice that can immediately help you with your situation.