Visitor's Question from a 16-20 year old Female
Alright, well I know how many of these you get, so I'm sorry for making you read this one also, but...I'm stuck...again. I really don't know if this guy likes me.
See, I've liked him for a while now...probably since last May... And in November, because of certain circumstances that would take too long to explain, I told him I liked him. He said that he was really sorry and didn't want me to be hurt or anything, but he just didn't feel the same way. But that was fine with me, at least we were still friends and stuff after that.
Since then, we've talked a lot more and at times a whole lot less. So here are reasons why I think he might or might not like me. And these could just be me, seeing or hearing etc. what I WANT to, but I don't know... It just seems like he either completely hates me, or he's behaving weird because he likes me...I can't tell:
1. Whenever I'm walking next to or close to him and he seems to notice that I'm walking there, he starts to slow down and so I start to naturally catch up to him, but he doesn't say a word.
2. In a way, he's a lot nicer and more friendly to other girls.
3. He remembers little things that I had mentioned last year to him.
4. He didn't say happy birthday to me, and he sits like right behind me in one of my classes and obviously saw my birthday stuff all over my desk and the floor... Then I jokingly asked him about it later and he said, "yeah sorry about that" and then happy birhtday.
5. I complimented him on myspace and he deleted the comment...but if another one of his girl friends had said exactly what I did, I'm pretty sure that he would leave it posted...
6. He jokes around a lot more with other girls than he does with me. He doesn't really say too much in general, but he seems really either, annoyed when I talk to him, embarrassed that I'm talking to him (like he doesn't want people to know that I am the one talking to him or something...I don't know...), or he is nervous...? I have no clue.
7. He is like really hesitant to start or continue a conversation with me or something, but then if I try to leave the conversation because he's not talking to me (like with texting or IM), he all of a sudden comes back and says, "wait" or "sorry I'm back now" etc. and then we talk more...
8. We kind of got into a stupid fight (my fault) and were talking about like NOT being friends any more and as soon as I agreed with him about it not being a good idea for us to be friends anymore, I was about to leave, and then he goes, "wait." and then "we're still friends". And...yeah...so I just thought it was strange...
So my questions are:
Even though only a few months ago he said he didn't like me, could he like me now?
Is he embarrassed by me or something?
Does he like me? Or does he not at all? Because, I'm really starting to doubt that he likes me because he's so hard to read and acting so strange...I don't know though...that's why I'm asking for your help! Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry......because this is really LONG! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Sounds to me that he likes you okay as a friend.
But he is worried that you might tell him again that you like him and put him on the spot.
My advice is to be sure to keep your relationship friendly but not flirt any more than just being a friend.
If anything more is going to happen, it will. Otherwise be patient.
Good luck! George
-- from George
One of Your Friendly Advisors at RomanceClass.com