RomanceClass.com
Posted By: jilly What do you do to relieve stress? - 02/20/11 04:12 AM
What are your go-to stress reduction activities?

My faves - hot baths, long walks, exploring a new area, reading, decorating, cleaning/organizing and yoga.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: What do you do to relieve stress? - 03/02/11 10:51 PM
I'm not doing anything and I am just SO SO SO stressed right now. Statistics is absolutely killing me. Everything else is always a challenge to manage and statistics on top is squashing me. I have no time for yoga or baths or anything else. I barely get to the must-dos on my list and don't have any time for the want-to-dos like this forum.

Only 4 more weeks of statistics and it's over. I just need to last 4 more weeks.
Lisa first and foremost when you neglect self your not honoring self and everything turns to mush ...you are the most important thing on any to-do list so make a slot for YOU and DO...

to neglect self is to neglect the soul and essence of your spiritual being ..the core of who you are...as well and that doesnt fit into any recipe for success ive ever heard...

remember your other teaching ...everything ...starts with SELF and its not being SELFish...did you ever get and start to read that book you ordered...ORDERLY CHAOS
Posted By: jilly Re: What do you do to relieve stress? - 03/04/11 06:19 AM
One of Lisa's goals is to get straight As in every class. I am sure she could pass easily with a B and ALSO make the time to relax...or she could keep driving herself in pursuit of the A and very little else.

It's a matter of choices.

I know when I was back in school I was also only happy with an A in everything. A+ was even better. I had a saying with an equally motivated friend, that we never wanted to 'fail' with a B.

Now, if i had been forced to deal with a class like statistics, I think I would have been happy to just live though it. But i was taking my biological science classes that I loved so much and ignoring anything with numbers.
Posted By: Montague Re: What do you do to relieve stress? - 07/19/12 04:42 PM
Yoga is the best exercise for the physical fitness and mental recovery. It protects from various serious diseases and heart risk and leads to a happy and calm life.
It also makes the nervous system stronger and is good for the depression and stress relieve.
Posted By: Montague Re: What do you do to relieve stress? - 07/21/12 12:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Montague
Yoga is the best exercise? for the physical fitness and mental recovery. It protects from various serious diseases and heart risk and leads to a happy and calm life.
It also makes the nervous system stronger and is good for the depression and stress relieve.

Any comment?
Posted By: Mongrel Re: What do you do to relieve stress? - 07/23/12 08:55 PM
I spend time hunting mushrooms, improving my marksmanship or simply sitting by the stream and watching nature in action. I suppose that I am at an advantage in a way because nature is my Chapel, my Church.

Yoga sounds interesting for women but guys . . . . ?

I practiced Karate from the time I was five until age 32 and never once used any yoga poses but some people say that yoga really helps their Kata especially when they are getting older.

Posted By: tessboss Re: What do you do to relieve stress? - 07/25/12 10:32 PM
Anything physical that gets your heart rate up works for me. I enjoy a long brisk walk too. Sex is always good!
living where i do plus living alone ive very little stress ever in my life...

im surrounded by woods a lake and nature dont have to involve myself with the hectic social life so im basically extremely lucky when it comes to stress...

most stress i go thru is when i have to go grocery shopping smile
Posted By: Mongrel Re: What do you do to relieve stress? - 07/26/12 09:18 PM
tessboss: If you're serious about that last post can I have your name and number? . . . . grin Just kidding.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: What do you do to relieve stress? - 10/09/12 02:48 AM
Looking back on this, I am very glad that some of the "rougher" courses like statistics are behind me. I'm absolutely glad I took statistics. The information I learned is quite valuable. Still, it was very challenging to get through it. I'm much happier taking classes like Marketing where the information is valuable and also it's not stressful. It is enjoyable to learn, and challenging, but not a harsh kind of stress.

I am finishing up my marketing and journalism classes right now - I am in week 4 of 6. They are a good challenge but I do also have time to take a bath for an hour if I need to, to keep my muscles from turning into complete knots. So I think that is a better balance.

I am testing out the making of bath salts which I find quite fun, aromatherapy, and good for my body. So it's a win-win-win smile.

Mongrel - many guys do yoga. It is important for flexibility and balance. Those are important skills no matter what other activities you enjoy. It's not that you do yoga "instead of" baseball or basketball. It's that you do them in addition, to keep your muscles limber.
© RomanceClass Forum