RomanceClass.com
Posted By: Lisa Shea Daily Yoga Log - 01/27/12 01:51 AM
These past 2 months have been absolutely insane for me. I released my first three medieval novels in December, released the winter issue of the Mused Literary Magazine, and then went on a week long cruise with extended family members where my rather ran amuck. Then I was barely coherent returning from that, plus came down with the flu. I am only surfacing now and have an immense backlog that cannot be believed.

But I knew that clearly I had to start taking care of my health in order to get all my various projects back on track. I know if my shoulders start killing me that I don't work as efficiently. If I am not able to focus well then I work more slowly.

So today even though I have a ton of things on my to-do list, I set aside an hour tonight and went to a free yoga class. It was not as relaxing as I had hoped for, but at least it was a start. I do feel a little better now, and am diving into my backlog!
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Daily Yoga Log - 01/28/12 03:53 AM
OK about 10 minutes today, little steps add up. I am just able to touch my toes right now - and I used to be able to put palms flat on the floor - so it's a little depressing. Still, one step at a time.
Posted By: jilly Re: Daily Yoga Log - 02/03/12 01:49 AM
A good reminder - okay will do downward dog for one minute, starting now...ahh, that was nice.

I'd like to read with legs up the wall for half an hour. let's see if i can get to that. It's been a very hard week on me and i am trying to get my head back on right. I need to attend to some things before relaxing. smile

I know, I know...
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Daily Yoga Log - 02/04/12 01:07 AM
I did an hour long yoga class last week and then this week. It's good to get back into that routine. It is amazing how much my flexibility has reduced since I stopped doing regular yoga. I need to gain that back again.
Posted By: jilly Re: Daily Yoga Log - 02/05/12 09:56 PM
I did legs up the wall while reading yesterday and that was nice. I will go for that again. I am also taking mini breaks between tasks to hold downward dog for a few minutes and relax into it.
Posted By: Lisa Shea Re: Daily Yoga Log - 02/06/12 09:59 AM
That is good, Jilly, take time every day to do a few poses! I need to do that too.
© RomanceClass Forum