RomanceClass.com
Posted By: pretty bird Why no topic on marriage? - 12/06/07 04:08 PM
Have a question for Lisa/PDM Lots on dating/romance ect why nothing on marriage lots of us here are married may want to add something for us old married folks.
Posted By: The_Zookeeper Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/06/07 04:10 PM
yeah, a lot of people have wondered that. hah. i'm not married, nor do I intend to be anytime soon, but I know there are a ton of people that are married or engaged on this forum.
Posted By: PDM Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/06/07 04:39 PM
I don't know.

Lisa sets up the forums. If people want new sections, she will often comply.

We have discussed 'marriage' in the general part of the forum.

I think that this section probably sprang from items on Lisa's other site:
http://www.bellaonline.com/Channel/c12.asp

And there's this:
http://www.romanceclass.com/

Maybe we could have a page here.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/06/07 05:24 PM
haha what about us YOUNG married folks HAHAHAHAHA
Posted By: pretty bird Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/07/07 12:31 AM
And us old married folks as well we had our 40th anniversary in Sept this year.
Well I'll just sit back and wait to see if we get one thanks:)
Posted By: PDM Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/07/07 11:07 AM
Well, I just set up an 'Engagement & Marriage' section, but, for some reason, it isn't showing up.

Lisa will be checking in soon, so hopefully she will sort it out for us.
Posted By: pretty bird Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/07/07 08:20 PM
Thanks PDM looking forward to seeing it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/07/07 10:01 PM
This sounds like it'll be interesting!
Pretty Bird: Congrats on your 40th anniversary - wow!
Posted By: Carl Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/07/07 10:06 PM
Pretty Bird, I asked the same question when the Romance section started. Matter of fact, when Lisa surveyed about adding sections, I had suggested adding Romance.
Posted By: pretty bird Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/08/07 12:07 AM
Just think of all those words of wisdom us old timers could give lol.
We have been married 40 years and still even like each other. Can't say we never had fights that would be not telling the truth but in all honesty I do have to say my husband is my best friend.
We got married a little over a year out of high school. Did not start dating until after graduation.
Our story is kind of funny. My best friend was invited to a party (boy/girl) and she asked me if she should invite my husband (who at that time I did not really know) I told her I didn't know him so she told me to look him up in annual. I did told her I thought he was cute and yes to ask him. Well she did not like him she said all he wanted to do was kiss her. A year later (not remembering telling her to ask him out) he was in one of my classes (copied my homework sometimes) Well just before school was over we started talking and he asked me out. I did not even get a kiss good night on our first date he said he did not want to scare me off. I guess it worked.
Anyway my best girlfriend whom I still see ended up marrying a Dennis (this is both our husbands name) and we are all friends now.
Posted By: PDM Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/08/07 12:25 AM
I met my husband in the VIth Form ~ December 1974 ~ and we have been together since January 1975; married since 1980.

And he, too, is my best friend and we don't really argue. I can't say we agree on everything, or that we never make each other a bit mad, but our kids never really hear us shouting and actually say that they are amused at how we make each other laugh so much.
Posted By: PDM Re: Why no topic on marriage? - 12/08/07 12:30 AM
Here's the new section on Engagement & Marriage:

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=234017#Post234017

I finally got it sorted!! smile
© RomanceClass Forum