Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#88655 11/16/05 04:29 PM
V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
Now com'on Mark,
Surely you have given a lady a bunch of flowers and whispered sweet nothings in her ear. I'll even bet you have taken one or more ladies for a walk under the stars, even as you were ripping the top off a beer.
Must tell you I met my wife in a crowded bar, because I was the only " Gentleman" to offer her a chair.
It wasn't til after we were married that I told her I was so drunk that I'd actually fallen off the chair :rolleyes: cool

Nobody cares that you can't dance well. Just get up and dance!
#88656 11/16/05 04:31 PM
S
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
S
kateyes:

You don't have the icon to be able to receive private messages so, ....can you do travel arrangements for someone from anywhere?

#88657 11/16/05 04:36 PM
S
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
S
Quote:
Must tell you I met my wife in a crowded bar, because I was the only " Gentleman" to offer her a chair. It wasn't til after we were married that I told her I was so drunk that I'd actually fallen off the chair [Roll Eyes] [Cool]
Oh goodness Vince, that is so, so funny!

#88658 11/16/05 11:31 PM
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
I loved Zeffirelli's 'Romeo & Juliet' but I'm sure I could come up with more lovely romantic films, with a bit of time. Actually, I know it's meant for youngsters, but I really liked 'Drive Me Crazy'.

'I Will Always Love You' from 'The Bodyguard' is a lovely song.
I also like 'I'm Not In Love' by 10CC.
Tchaikovsky's 'Romeo & Juliet' is a beautiful piece of music - and I like the song from Zeffirelli's film.

I agree with kateyes about Elizabeth Barrett-Browning's 'How Do I Love Thee?'

Love at first sight? Yes, I'm sure it exists.

What is love?
There are so many ways to define it.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
#88659 11/16/05 11:54 PM
V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
Ok My romantic song
Lay a little love on me.... Lacy J Dalton
Massachusetts....... Bee gees
Unchained melody.... Righteous brothers
You lost that Lovin feeling... Righteous Brothers
Movie
Ghost
Poems
any of the lyrics from Lacy J Daltons songs
Check out her website/lyrics
http://www.lacyjdalton.com/Lyrics.htm

#88660 11/17/05 05:56 AM
Best Friend
Best Friend
Vince.... no way I'm going to be goaded into revealing my secrets pal, you're going to have to by the book!

"When will my wife understand that the "silent treatment" isnt actually a punishment?"
#88661 11/17/05 07:25 AM
V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
Mark
I wrote the book!!!!!
But true Love isn't it great.
Let me share with you a true story
Way back when we were first married and when I use to enjoy a few Cold ones. My loving wife Offered to go up the street and get us a couple of bottles of beer.
When She returned I noticed she only had one bottle.
now as One does I asked the Obvious question
" I thought you were going to get us a bottle each"
To which she replied
"I did!. But I dropped your's on the way home!!!"

#88662 11/17/05 07:57 AM
Best Friend
Best Friend
Right, you've forced me into it.

I was having a quiet one (bevvy that is) in the bar next to a bar i worked in. This young blonde comes in, starts giving the eye across the bar (cue a tacky 80s rock ballad)

I didnt really give it much thought, just another keen wee lass, Vince Im sure you know how it is.

So i sneak back into the place I worked at the time, and am slacking off beside the dancefloor, doing what a bloke does when he works at a bar. wink

"Hello" sez I, heres the fine wee thing from the other bar, about to head to the dancfloor with drink in hand (a nono, people slip on the spilt drinks you see) so in steps me, all suave like, and very smoothly relieves her of her drink.

Later Im hanging at the bar, tucked away in nice little corner, when, 'ear 'ear, who pops up for a drink but my little stalker. So I sez to the lass behind the bar "this ones on me luv" and so we gets to chatting. by the end of the night, I got me a phone number right (figured I was a bit slow really, only a phone number!) so I give er a call the next day, for a bit of a chinny, and lo we end up sorting dinner. This is now the saturday. Dinner goes good, drop her off where shes staying, not a tad of howz yer father, Im losing me touch I reckon. Next day she calls, "hi Im off back home today, oh didnt i tell you, im only here for the weekend" Riggght, sez me, feelin kinda used.

So, me being the smoov customer I is, I get her flight number and rock on to the airport to see her off, and off she goes. That night I get a call, "made it..... etc etc"

So, enough of the scouse diatribe.

For the ensuing 5 weeks, we call, write letters etc. Then she says shes moving back from the far south, I said, "Well move in here then, lets get engaged!" (somewhat spur of the moment comment, not a lot of thought given to it, seemed like a bright idea at the time)

That was 9 years ago, we're now heading toward 7 year wedding anniversary, we've shared one birth, 7 deaths, and a lot of laughs in between. One rabbit, one turtle, one cat, three fish, mortgage and two cars.... who would have thunked it!

"When will my wife understand that the "silent treatment" isnt actually a punishment?"
#88663 11/17/05 01:45 PM
Best Friend
Best Friend
Vince,

I thought of Unchained Melody while I was driving home last night--I don't know how I completely forgot about GHOST--it pretty much has to be on anyone's 10 ten list.

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion." Abraham Lincoln
#88664 11/17/05 01:50 PM
Best Friend
Best Friend
I can tell you guys are both romantics at heart--Geez Vince you literally fell at her feet.

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion." Abraham Lincoln
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site