RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
Hello,
I came here to learn about parakeets, but found this and thought I'd ask for some opinions.

My boyfriend and I ave been together for 7 months. I am 20 and he is 24. For the most part, he's been a wonderful boyfriend. And we are just about perfect together. I love him.

But, we fight a lot. He gets angry over the smallest and stupidest things. He is super jealous and accuses me of cheating and if I ever talk to a guy or friend an old high school friend on facebook (for example) he gets mad at me. If he's stressed, he takes it out on me. He won't tell me whats really wrong unless I pull it out of him. If we have a problem that I want to talk out, he refuses to talk. He'll say "i don't know" or "sure" or "whatever" when I try. He has a bit of a double standard for himself than he does to me. He'll also find a way to get mad if I'm going to hang out with a friend.

He grew up poor in Russia actually, and had a very hard life. I know this is why he does these things. He always feels bad and apologizes, but this is no excuse. He is never violent or shows any signs of it though.

A few days ago, I saw that he still had a profile up on the dating site that we met on. It was updated with new information since we had been dating and he was online that day. I called, demanding explanation and never got any. He kind of shrugged it off. He finally said his ex messaged him and asked how he was. He said he didn't answer and signed off. I looked through his phones (I have never don't this before) and saw nothing suspicious at all. I asked to see the profile before he deleted it and he refused. he did delete it though. He insisted nothing was going on. I really don't think he would cheat on me because he really is such a caring guy, but this just has me thinking.

I've tried talking about all of this to him and made it very clear I can't argue all of the time, but it keeps happening. It started after about 3 months of dating. Typing this all out now makes it seem like an obvious choice to break up with him. But I really do love him. And with this aside, he is absolutely wonderful. He's everything I want in a man. I just don't know when to stop giving chances. I was like that with my ex as well, I let that go on for way too long.

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

T
Good Friend
Good Friend
T
Some men just want the girls to love them, but they dont have the heart to love back. Thats what i learned from watching movies. Ha ha dont take this seriously.

I'll miss you guys
Friend
Friend
ok if he gets that jealous move on but if you guys fight alot just try to work things out before going crazy(:

"A life without animal's would be a sad one"
im the same way my man gets mad and blows up easily too but i dont want to leave him im in the same situation

Regular
Regular
I'm new here...isn't this a parakeet forum or do they allow this kind of talk? I belong to another forum and they only allow talk on the forum subject
David

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello David :) If you notice, the subject of this part of the forum is actually 'Romance ยป Breaking Up'. Yes, we do like members to keep on topic, but we have a number of 'zones' and a number of topics. One area is for parakeets; another is for politics; another for romance + associated problems; another for religion; etc, etc, etc.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site