RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#406629 12/11/10 02:40 PM
123456 Offline OP
OP Offline
i feel like ending my life, i started the year with everything now i have nothing. id been with my X now for nearly 7 years, very happy and loving relationship/ i left my x and she left her x and we got together, i took on her 3 daughters and i left mine with my x. weve had 2 sons of our own also. basically to cut it short, she says ive cheated by my flirtin thru emails, texts and fb. i tend to disagree but understand, she had become distant and we lost respect for each other and didnt treat each other that great. In may i had to move out due to a housing issue and over the months weve got on even less. but me being apart have come to realise just what an idiot ive been, this woman meant everything to me but i didnt see it. now she is saying she is happier on her own and the house is more relaxed etc and probably wont take me back. im distraught, totally ruined. weve been out for afew meals in the last few months and got on well, but non change, can anybody pls offer me any advice on how to repair this damage and get my life back.

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Time, time and more time. You give her all the time she needs and tell her you'll do this because she is that important to you.

JeanneM
I
Gold Star Soulmate
Gold Star Soulmate
I
watch over her in case she needs anything...but DONT become intrusive...let her know in a ermmmm less than obvisous way ..should she need help your there...no more ...no less. Your actions will speak volumns...so dont smother...dont offer advice...just let your presence be felt IN THE DISTANCE...if and when she is ready...she will begin to reach out...

keep a good deal of solitude to yourself so wrong impressions are not given ...but dont become a hermit either.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello 123456 & welcome. smile

There is more than one issue going on here, I think.

The first thing that you say is worrying ~ 'i feel like ending my life'.

This is a very serious thing to say and, if you feel like this, then you really need someone to talk to ~ someone to help you through this difficult time. There will often be people on this board, who will respond to you, but it is not the same as talking to, and getting advice from, an expert.

Have you spoken to your doctor, or considered getting an appointment with a counsellor? This could be very worthwhile for you.

Also, consider a relative or very close friend in whom you may confide. They say that a problem shared is a problem halved. It is good to have some moral support from someone you know and trust.

Any break up is going to be very difficult ~ but where children are involved it can be worse. If you are depressed, then you are going to find it much more difficult to deal with matters.

Your partner feels that you have cheated on her in some way and you feel that you had lost respect for each other. So there were problems with the relationship before either of you admitted to them. If this has been brewing for some time, then you may need outside expert help. Again, a relationship counsellor could be the answer.

You are missing the relationship, your partner and your children. You are grieving for them. This is why you feel as you do, but do not give up hope.

If you are depressed ~ and it sounds as if you may be ~ then do get help. This matter can be sorted out, so try to think positive.

Maybe you will eventually get back together, or maybe you will end up settling for friendship and the occasional meal out together. Either way, it won't always feel this raw.

You will either go back to living with the children, or, alternatively, see them often and build up a new kind of relationship with them.
Either way, be there for each other.
This must be hard on the children. Help them to deal with it, too. Spend quality time with them. They need you!

You mention your children with your ex-wife.
Do you spend quality time with them, as well?

This is a time to assess and evaluate.
Consider how you might mend some of the things that had gone wrong.
Consider how you can make the most of what you have ~ especially your children; all of them.

As for your partner, how about writing her a letter ~ explaining to her what you have said to us? A handwritten letter, worded from the heart, can be very potent.

You can explain things, as you see / saw them.
You can apologise for your part in what went wrong.
You can say how much you love, miss, want, respect, her, etc. ~ and the children.
You can ask if you could try to build upon the positive things.
You could suggest counselling.

As I said, it may well be that you are depressed and, if this is the case, then it will affect your personality and your relationships, so I think that you really should get some help from a doctor or counsellor.

Don't give up hope and, if ever you feel like ending it, do phone a helpline. Keep a number to hand, just in case.
You need help with this.

Good luck with all of this ~ and take care of yourself. Make sure you eat well and keep healthy, etc. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #407109 12/25/10 07:42 AM
A
A
Don't ever try to end your life. It is what you may telling her that you gave up on her... Time and patience would be your weapon. Try to do things the she really want to experience again. She might be lonely too and sad. Picking her pieces on her own. You have to try and try...

Get Your Ex Back
Look to the future!

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site