Next Thread
Print Thread
PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: thomas
i have a question i really need help with

See my ex girlfriend is a very dear friend of mine since high school and so dearly want to have he back we only dated for one month but i do love her with all of my heart and will do anything to get this wonderful woman as mine agsin. How can I prove to her that i do truely love her and that she is all that matters to me and that i will not be the way i was when we were dating?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
I
I
You need to just be a friends for a little bit and prove to her that you can be trusted. After that, its all in the cards of love.

T
T
Do i continue dating other people or do i just stay single until she is ready even if it is o say 10 years down the road?

PDM Offline OP
True Blue Soulmate
OP Offline
True Blue Soulmate
Hi thomas smile

The best thing to do, usually, is to communicate ~ honestly and clearly.

She probably needs to know that you care, that you want to keep her in your life as a friend, but, more than this, that you would like, again, for her to be your special someone.

You should word this in your own vocabulary, of course, but you need to make it clear how you feel, and you must be completely honest with her.
Then you hope smile

I don't think that dating other girls, just now, is going to give her the right message ~ and, if you want to date other girls, then maybe you should be re-considering how you feel about this one.

Ten years down the road is way to far ahead to be thinking about at present, I think smile

Quote:
How can I prove to her that i do truely love her and that she is all that matters to me and that i will not be the way i was when we were dating?

Are you certain that you do truly love her?

You can only behave well and hope that she sees your true personality.
But, if you have been good friends for a long time, then I would have thought that she would already know this. So this is a bit baffling ???

As for 'i will not be the way i was when we were dating' ~ that's a bit baffling, too.
She was and is a dear friend, you truly love her, you only dated for a month, yet you behaved in a way that upset her?? Presumably whatever it was caused your break-up??

Without knowing more, it is difficult to comment further, but it would appear that a sincere open discussion might be the best way to go.

Does she like flowers? ~ Maybe you could give her a few, to pave the way??

Have a think about what you want and what went wrong.
Do you have something to apologise for? ~ If so, then say that you are sorry.
Was there a misunderstanding? ~ If so, then clarify the matter.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
T
T
thank you it was kind a misunderstanding but in a way it wasn't at the same time...

A
A
be friend to her.. And then show off your good side make her fall for you. Don't just show up and say how much you love her you might frightened her... Take is slow man. eventually she will learn she had fallen for you.

Get Your Ex Back
Look to the future!

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site