RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
My BF broke up with me 3 weeks ago, after I email his parents he is doing some drugs and I was worry about the path he is going. We have been together for 2 years. This happened once before and we get back together 2 ½ month after that,. During that time, I call, text or email him all the time and let him know I am sorry and will be there when he want it. He did not respond to me for 1 ½ month, if I try to meet with him, he will just walk away. But after we were back together, I found he did keep the letter I sent him. Second time around,( I should never email his parents by thinking this is helping him, it is his own problem now I understand), he is acting a bit different this time. After 3 week letting him cool down, I try to chat with him on facebook and he respond. He said clearly I am the one want out and please just let him be. Today is a special day for us, so I went down to his college and ask him for a lunch together so we can talk. First he was very upset and want me go away, but after 10min , he did agree a lunch. I told him I have issues and while I am working on it, why cant we just be friend( keep my chance open, I though). He told me the past two years had been very bad and he is happy now, he will never again believe I will change and very hard and cold towards me. Do you think I still have a chance since he did respond to my contact(better than last time). I know I have issues and want to get over it, but I really want him to give us one more try. What should I do from here?

Regular
Regular
Sounds to me that he is so over you. There are many others and time stands still for no one. Move on. Find another. Don't you deserve to be happy too?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Betterdays smile
Welcome.

It is hard to deal with a break-up, but you have been together for two years and he says that he now feels happier than he did during those two years.

You broke up before and he gave the relationship another chance, but it sounds as if he is certain now that you belong apart.

You cannot force someone to stay with you ~ and, even if you could, you would not be happy, because both parties need to really want to be in a relationship for it to work.

You mention his drugs and your issues, so it sounds as if you both have other things to sort out.

He knows that you still care, if he needs you as a friend ~ there is little more that you can do, except hope that he sorts out his problems.

Can you get some counselling to help with yours?

Maybe, at some stage, it will be possible for you to be friends, but the wounds are still sore at present, so just take care of yourself and try to sort out your own problems.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Betterdays, I agree with everyone here about this relationship having run it's course. You do not sound good for each other.

If you care about this man, and he is happier without you, then please do as her asks and leave him be. It will be hard on you, but it's the best gift you can give him.

Also, take it from the voice of experience: if you try to be friends with him, it will cause you emotional hurt in the long run. You can't be friends with someone you are trying to manipulate into getting back together. Even if he has some confused, unresolved feelings for you, I suggest being the strong one here, and moving on.

You will find someone with whom you do not have old baggage and can start fresh with a new, more mature love! :-)

L
L
I agree love is a two way street you both have to want it but you do have a chance try to get him in bed with you and he may change his mind works on me if there hot. bye, adios(spanish), aur voir(french), hastella vista(unknown), arigatoe(japanese)

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site