Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
PDM #392198 12/28/09 07:07 PM
L
linder Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So last night he tells me I am his best friend, he loves me but right now he is too stressed out to make decisions , he needs to destress and then he'll be able to work on the relationship. So at this time we will only talk once a week on Tuesdays and it won't be about the relationship but just about having fun and enjoying each other's company until he can feel less stressed. So I guess that's what I get for now unless I want out. I started signing up for school and preparing for my own career change here.. as I'm not convinced we will be together and I'm not hanging around waiting for him anymore.

THanks for all the feedback

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That sounds quite good.

You are giving him ~ and the relationship ~ every possible chance, but giving yourself a chance, too.

Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #392208 12/28/09 10:03 PM
L
linder Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks PDM, it's really nice to hear someone else's perspective. I was feeling down about it somewhat but then I read your post and realized it really could be a good thing. I also got an unexpected message from him to turn on my web cam about a half hour ago. He finally went and got a web cam so we can see each other now too He said it's for tomorrow night. So I got to see him a little today smile

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Maybe you can work this out to everyone's advantage.
Hope so! smile

PDM #392369 12/30/09 06:01 PM
L
linder Offline OP
OP Offline
L
We had our first chat last night, unfortunately he is sick so we didnt talk for long as he could barely talk. But he still made an effort even though he wasnt feeling well to make sure we talked. smile

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
If he's making an effort, then maybe there is a chance for this to succeed smile

PDM #393654 01/17/10 11:15 PM
L
linder Offline OP
OP Offline
L
So we arent making it... he couldnt keep to what he said he supposedly needed. Kept telling me one thing, doing another and then getting mad when I questioned it. As much as he said he didnt want to hurt me.. he kept doing it over and over. I'm pretty sure he's known for weeks that he wanted to end it but kept stringing me along. It hurts but I'm glad I figured it out now as I had come up with a way we could finance his school a few weeks ago and would have really put myself out if I had done it. I had not told him that as I didnt want his decision swayed by it.. thank god!
He apparently wasnt really committed to the relationship like I was. I'm really hurt by all this but am trying to move on. Any tips on how to do that? When is someone going to come up with a prescription to cure a broken heart. They'd be a billionaire. I just want to fast forward a year to get rid of this feeling. frown

Last edited by linder; 01/17/10 11:16 PM.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I'm sorry about this Linder smile

You gave it every chance, but you can now see what is really going on ~ and it isn't for you. So, you already are moving on.

It is bound to hurt, and to be difficult, but at least you know that you are now on the right path.

Allow yourself to grieve over this lost relationship, but also try to celebrate the fact that you did not stay in a relationship, where your partner was not as committed as you were. That would not have been good for you.

How to move on?
Do things that you enjoy.
What are your hobbies and interests?
Pursue them.

Maybe join some evening classes, or a reading group, or theatre group, or anything that interests you ~ especially if you might get the chance to mix with others and make new friends.

Try to see this as a new beginning for you, with new opportunities.

Good luck! smile

Last edited by PDM; 01/18/10 10:32 AM. Reason: typo

PDM #393669 01/18/10 03:50 AM
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Linder, I am so sorry to hear how you were being strung along. Been there, and it hurts.

PDM has it right. When I had to deal with this kind of thing, I would find some kind of new activity to throw myself into, as a way to distract myself from ruminating over (and over and over) the past. It becomes a life saver. Eventually you realize your heart is healing...but it takes time, as you know. Hugs!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site