Next Thread
Print Thread
#376459 07/21/09 03:21 PM
J
Jkid1 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Ok, i really need help here.

I dont really know how to start up a conversation with a girl. I have NO IDEA what to say?

Jkid1 #376462 07/21/09 03:38 PM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
Jkid1 - welcome to the forum. It would help to know how old you are. But some general advice would be: How would you start up a conversation with a guy you didn't know. If you are talking about a specific girl, you must have something in common or you would not be aware of her. Start with that. If you know her from school ask about her classes or her outside activities. If you know her from church - the same thing - ask about something related to church. "Hey, how you doing" is always a start. Just remember she is probably is has some of the same problems talking the opposite sex as you do, so don’t worry too much about making mistakes.

Jkid1 #376463 07/21/09 03:41 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Jkid1 ~ welcome to the forum smile

Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself.

Are you still at school, or at college, or working?

Do you live in the United states, or the UK, or elsewhere?

What are your hobbies & interests?

Do you like music ~if so, what type?

You see, it is very difficult for me ~ or anyone ~ to help you, without getting to know you better.
This will lead to better understanding and better advice.

Similarly, if you share information with others ~ including girls ~ it may lead to better relationships.

To start a conversation, you just need to smile & say hello.
Girls are only human ~ just like you smile

Then maybe some small talk ~ the weather, something going on around you, that sort of thing.

Once the ice has been broken, you can ask questions.

If at school or college ~ what subjects is she studying / does she like?

If it's lunch time, what is she planning to eat?

Telling us more about yourself will help us to help you ~ but telling them a bit about yourself can help conversations to get going and lead to friendship.

Make it a two way thing, though. Don't hog the conversation. Ask questions, listen to her replies, respond accordingly.

Think about things you like to talk about with friends. Be thus prepared for conversations.

Good luck! smile

Last edited by PDM; 07/21/09 03:43 PM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #386261 10/10/09 07:26 PM
L
L
it is true, i need to know a little bit about you before answer this question, but i'll just answer it anyways.

if you want to talk her, talk about random things that come to your mind. tell her about yourself, ask her questions, find out things you have in common.

whenever i liked someone, i always talked to them like they were my friend. also talking about random things to them kinda drops a clue that they like you. so if you wanna drop a "clue" to them, you should do that. good luck

lilly12 #387907 11/03/09 06:02 AM
Companion
Companion
theres nothing to be scared of itz not like the girl will bite you or something just talk to her just like you would with any of your friends of course you cant see some things u would say to others but for the most part i dont see it to be too complicated

Ziggy #388545 11/07/09 10:34 AM
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
One of the things I always recommend is to just practice talking to ANY stranger. You're going to be more nervous when you are trying to talk with someone you "care about" so it's good to have that practice in your history. Talk to the people in line. Talk to cashiers. You don't have to be pushy - just say hi, ask how they are in a friendly way. The more you get used to being "friendly" in general, the easier it will be to do it when you're faced with a girl you want to get to know better.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Lisa Shea #388607 11/07/09 10:09 PM
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
I agree with what everyone is suggesting, in that working on being a friendlier person in general helps you out more specifically with the girls. smile Have fun and try to relax when talking. Be yourself, as always. smile

jilly #389885 11/23/09 03:01 AM
M
M
Try to think of something to say to her...like what u have in common. Make her laff girl like funny guys.

I need help how do i post my own topic???

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site