RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Ok, Sakura is back and VERY confused.

I have spoken about this particular guy before. Let's call him by his nickname, "Sasuke".

Now, Sasuke is in his final year of high school and will be 19 in November. I have known him for the passed 4yrs. Sasuke has always been there for me. He knew about my depression and that I used to cut. Instead of freaking, he helped me through it. When I had clashes with my ex boyfriend, he comforted me. When I thought I was pregnant, he brought me to my senses. But now, I think I left picturing him as an older brother behind. Yes, I think I'm in love with him.

There's only one problem though: It's definitely unrequited love. Despite the fact that we cuddle, we kiss and get pretty intimate with each other, I don't feel his heart entwining with mine.

What am I to do? I can't force him into a relationship, even though I really want him. Is it possible that he does have feelings for me?

Lost and confused emo girl
Sakura

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Originally Posted By: Sakura Shinigami

What am I to do? I can't force him into a relationship, even though I really want him. Is it possible that he does have feelings for me?

I am sorry, i know what it feels like to love someone and have them only think of you as a friend, or that girl! we are very similar, i have manic depression and have self mutilated for the past 11 years.

I had to look at my love in the face, and tell them i loved them, and i needed to know if they even wanted to love me. BIG BIG bummer, they rejected me. I am a girl that everything happens for a reason, and my reason was i have yet to meet the man i was to marry. The guy i am to marry is the one in the picture, i knew him for the past 11 years, and he was my support system my entire life. Sometimes people do not see the love thats been there for so long.

I think, in your position i would tell this man how i felt, and let him see what i feel. Your right, you are very confused right now, but if you ask for a honest answer see what you get. Somethings are better knowing.

A bit of my morals thrown in here (you do not have to even read this, or respond just my feelings) Men are pigs. they will use a girl to their advantage. Please take care of your self, sex does not form a realtionship. Talking expressing feelings are very important. Make sureyou both are on the same page! if you are doing these things to love him, he may be doing them for fun, satisfaction or love

New pics soon smile
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Sakura Shinigami
.... Despite the fact that we cuddle, we kiss and get pretty intimate with each other, I don't feel his heart entwining with mine....

Hello smile

Are you sure that you want to be kissing & cuddling someone you are not sure of?

If he isn't interested, romantically, why is he indulging in this?

You are still very young. Perhaps you need to step back and really think about what you want from a relationship, and whether you should give yourself some time to really sort out your feelings.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
S
Good Friend
Good Friend
S
It's so easy to get caught up in a physical moment, and so hard to untangle your emotions afterwards. And you're right, you can't force him into a relationship.

If your best friend were asking what she should do, what would you tell her? You deserve more than unrequited love. Don't give your body to someone who you know isn't feeling love for you. There is only one, unique you in the world. Treat yourself as the special individual you are.

Your true love will respect you, and want only good things for you. You will meet him when you are ready.

OP Offline
Thanks for all the comments.

I've thought about it and have actually thought that he might be more confused than me at this stage. It is possible, right?

Great Friend
Great Friend
anything is possible. do what you think is right.

I Luv Budgies!
OP Offline
The main problem with me is jealously. The fact that he's taking another girl to a dance at his school (well, I can't go even though I could have) makes my blood boil. I want to cry every time I think about it frown I know I'm sounding really childish, but I can't help it...

S
Good Friend
Good Friend
S
He could be confused, but, and I am trying to help, is it possible that you want to believe he is confused, instead of maybe interested in you in a non-girlfriend way?

My advice to you is never, ever, be anyone's backup plan, unless that's all you want to be to the person. You deserve more! You deserve to be the one and only. If he doesn't want to give you that respect then please find someone who will. When you see the difference in how you feel you will be amazed.

Jealousy is not a positive thing to have in your life, and it feels awful. Try to avoid it, if you can. When he goes to the dance, try not to bosess over it. Do something extra nice for yourself. Go out for the night with friends and get some dinner, or go see a movie. Treat yourself well.

Best wishes!

BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
You say he has always been there for you. It sounds like a very strong friendship. You need to be honest with him that your feelings have started down a different path with him.

Quite often the one that loves us the most is right under our nose and we don't see it. For all you know he may just be waiting until you can see him that way. It may be that he will not take the first step because you are such good friends.

It has been my experience that quite often the one that sticks with a friendship thru thick and thin can evolve into the a romantic relationships.

BE CAREFUL though, are you positive you want to go that step and loose your best friend to a romantic relationship.

OP Offline
I don't plan on ever being second best. If he wants me, he needs to step up and take me as I am.

I'm scared of turning romance into friendship, but nothing comes from sitting back and waiting...

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site