Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#338393 11/19/08 01:25 AM
C
Caplan Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I need help please. There is this girl named Meghan that I have loved for over 2 years now but i don't know how to tell her. We never talk every now and then we will say hi but other than that that's all. I just want to sweep her off of her feet holding her in my arms while it is snowing out and just whisper to ehr that I love her. her beautiful brown eyes her smile, her laugh EVVERYTHING. Please help me. I would like to start just as friends.
I am desperate.

"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
~ by Oliver Wendell Holmes ~
Caplan #338395 11/19/08 01:32 AM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
I think it's great that you said, "I would like to start just as friends." That's usually a good way to start a relationship.

Do you two have something in common that you could talk about? Or could you just start a conversation with her about regular stuff (the weather, teachers, music)?

#338440 11/19/08 04:56 AM
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
You see her every now and then and say, "hi."

I assume you know the pattern.

One day, when you meet her, step up to her and hand her a rosebud.

Marge is the love of my life.
Carl #338443 11/19/08 08:27 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Carl
... One day, when you meet her, step up to her and hand her a rosebud.

Ah. How sweet that would be! smile

Last edited by PDM; 11/19/08 08:27 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Caplan #338444 11/19/08 08:44 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Caplan
I need help please. There is this girl named Meghan that I have loved for over 2 years now but i don't know how to tell her.

Could you give us some more info, please? smile

How long have you known her ~ just the two years, or longer?
How do you know her? ~ Work, school, college, something else?
How well do you know her? ~ Is she a 'dream girl' for you, or do you really know her?
How old are you both?

Quote:
We never talk every now and then we will say hi but other than that that's all.

Well, that's a start. It means that you could possibly, in the right circumstances, add something to that 'Hi' ~ maybe a rosebud, as suggested by Carl. smile
You could ask her a question.
That's often the most straightforward way of starting a conversation.
Depending on the situation, you could ask if she had a good weekend and what she did.
You could ask if she has brothers or sisters.
You could ask about her holidays, or her plans for the future, or her hobbies, or whether she likes sports and what teams she follows, or about the music she likes and whether she has been to any concerts.
Make a list of these options for yourself to remember.
Then, when you meet up with her, or happen to be in her vicinity, you can start a conversation.
Quote:
I just want to sweep her off of her feet holding her in my arms while it is snowing out and just whisper to ehr that I love her. her beautiful brown eyes her smile, her laugh EVVERYTHING.

That sounds very romantic.
Sometimes the dream is more obviously 'romantic' than the reality, yet the reality turns out to be much better.
Maybe she likes you, too, or maybe not. I don't know and neither do you, but by being friendly you may find out.
Quote:
Please help me. I would like to start just as friends.

Yes, good idea.
So just be friendly.
That 'hi' is an opener.
Smile.
Ask how she is.
If she is going your way, perhaps you could walk with her.
Perhaps you might find that you have interests in common to talk about ~ films, music, etc.
Talk to her.

Good luck! smile
Quote:
I am desperate.

After two years of loving someone, to whom you have only ever said 'hi', I can understand that.
But you need to make the relationship real.
It may turn into friendship, or romance, or you may just become friendly aquaintances, or it may fizzle into nothing at all ~ but at least you will have tried and you will know. smile

PDM #338449 11/19/08 12:45 PM
G
G
I was in the same situation you are in right now. Your problem may have past but the way i was able to Get my ex back was through the use of a handy ebook.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Get your ex Back
... the way i was able to Get my ex back was through the use of a handy ebook.

I have mentioned books, myself, but I am concerned about using threads like this specifically for advertising.

PDM #338563 11/19/08 11:09 PM
C
Caplan Offline OP
OP Offline
C
well I only saw her two years ago after that i feel in love and only saw her every now and then but last year we had classes together so she finally knew me. i know her from school as you could probably tell by what I have already said. I don't really know her that much just a little. We are both 14 so ya. The problem with just striking a conversation with her is that she found out because of a "friend" you know what i mean so IO get the feeling she feels uncomfortable around me. She is nearly always surrounded by friends.

"Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness."
~ by Oliver Wendell Holmes ~
Caplan #338590 11/20/08 01:49 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I see ~ you are the same age as my daughter.

Young love seems to cause so many problems.

What you want is to know how you and she can become boyfriend and girlfriend.

This assumes that both sets of parents would accept such a situation.

I'm guessing that both of you are likely to be surrounded by friends a lot of the time at school ~ and, even if you go out together, at your age it's best to go out as a group, so how about arranging a group outing for you & your friends and her & her friends?

This is what my daughter's group of friends do. Sometimes they go shopping; sometimes to the park; sometimes to a pizza restaurant ~ some girls from her school & some boys from the nearby boys school. They arrange a time and place to meet and all go out together. Last weekend it was pizza; I think the next one is going to be watching a horror film at one of the houses!

What do you think?

As you get to know her better, you will find out whether or not she likes you in the same way, and also if your feelings for her are really real. smile
Good luck!

Last edited by PDM; 11/20/08 01:51 AM.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site