RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
theres this girl at my school and she is in my spanish class. she sits right next to me and im really starting to like her. i wanna make a move and ask her out but im afraid that if she doesn't like it, itll be very awkward when we go to class from then on.

so then i decided ide try to find out of she likes me first before i do anything. but i don't really know how. i was thinking ide like really pay attention to her and talk to her as much as possible but i don't really know what to talk about that would be able to find out if she liked me.

i kinda think she likes me because when we do talk we are always smiling. and like for tests and quizes we get back she always asks me what i got and we like compare answers, so that part is good.

but yea i need some ideas on what to do so see if she likes me or not. so please help if you can

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Pat ~ welcome smile

I think that if you just keep it friendly, you will find out soon enough.

Rather than asking her out on a proper date, first, why not suggest that you work together ~ studying for a test or doing homework. Maybe you could do this at each other's homes or at the library, perhaps. Then you could suggest having a break, where you could have a drink and a snack and have a chat.

I studied languages at school, so I know that there is always grammar revision or vocabulary practice to be done.

I don't know how old you are, but be sure that whatever you do, you stay in safe places, where your parents know where you are.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
P
OP Offline
P
yea i was kinda thinking that. i was thinking of going to ask her for help on the homework at break or something. but idk. i just get too nervous and end up not doing it. but thanks

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
If she isn't too nervous to sit by you, then you don't need to be too nervous to talk to her smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
C
C
I personally think that you should just give her a little bit more of a hint, and if she reacts back to it in a good way then their is something worth working off to create a better relationship. Now I know you're going to ask "What kind of signal do I give off?" Well, for one you know that eye contact thing when you look at a girl or she looks at you then when they catch you, you look away? That's awesome, always makes me smile and blush..LOL And what else, being charming you know, when she drops her pen or whatever don't rush to pick it up if you're not near her but if you are kneel down nice and smooth and pick it up for her then come back up with a smooth voice saying "You dropped you're pen/pencil." And keep that eye contact that naturally comes until she thanks you but I mean you can get up off the floor while you're doing so...LOl

Anymore advice I'll get back to you if anything comes to mind!!

Carryout,
Candy & Crushes

L
Friend
Friend
L
you could save alot of time and wondering by just asking her.

PISCES THE DREAMER
P
OP Offline
P
i really wanna go over to her and talk to her at lunch or break but idk what i would do. im scared that i would just stand there. and that would be the most awkward moment ever. cause like i barely know her. only just talk in class and i have no idea who her friends are and all that. so yea i would freak out

Soulmate
Soulmate
As PDM suggested, the most natural and casual thing to do would be to ask her help with practicing some spanish for a test. It would give you a chance to sit and talk about spanish. It gives something to fill the silent moments. Then if you relax and think of something to talk about great. If you can't think of anything, you can always talk about spanish or your other classes. These things in common can lead to questions about what her favorite classes, foods, music, hobbies, singer, movies, pets, how many brothers and sisters she has. where she likes to go on the weekend. Her favorite mall or hangout. If you get stuck return to the spanish practice. You will relax after the first half hour and it won't be so awkward or scary. Most important, be yourself, and go somewhere safe and comfortable like a bookstore or library or burger shop where you can study and get a soda. Remember to thank her and tell her it really helped you. Be a gentleman, girls love politeness.

Cookie and Sweetie
S
SDG Offline
S
PDM has the right idea. This is what I would have done.

There are really only two things to do.

1) Do what PDM suggested

2) Take initiative and attack first

I remember pulling this in high school (I'm 23 so don't think I'm really old or anything, so I know where you're coming from.)

Ask her for her help in Spanish, even if you've won medals and awards for any skill you may have in Spanish, ask her anyway. Its an innocent way of having alone time. From here while she's teaching you, listen to her, be interested as much as you can, but keep your cool. Ask questions to prove that you're paying attention. Also (and this is crucial) be sure to also make small talk. Ask her what her favorite color are, favorite band/musician, movie, how her weekend was, how Halloween was, keep it small and innocent at first. Study her face, her gestures, if she twirls her hair, if she smiles a lot, if SHE makes the small talk first, most of all, her words. Be on the lookout for key words.

Depending on how long you make the kill is really up to you. I personally would get her help twice, and toward the end of the second meeting, I would ask something like "Hey what are you doing this weekend?" or one of my favorites, "I appreciate your help, maybe I can buy you (lunch/dinner/drink) to show my thanks." Be sure that whatever you decide to say to her, show her that you do appreciate everything she's done for you, and that you want to get to know her out of character.

I'm here for ya kid, good luck. If you need any specific advice or maybe a little upper or some insight, you can find me here.

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---
P
OP Offline
P
hey thanks a lot for your help, today was really good, after class we checked a speech grade and she got a 97 and i got 96. its wierd too cause our scores are always like 1 point away from each other. so then we talked on the way to our next classes and i thought it went really well. and thanks PDM im gunna try that as soon as i can.

one question tho, would it be a bad idea to ask her friend about her?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site