RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#334046 10/26/08 07:05 PM
OP Offline
There's this girl at my school. She's my best friend and said she liked me. At this time i liked her too. But the next day she wouldn't even talk to me. Does she still like me? What should i do?

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi there ~ welcome to the forum smile

Can you tell us how old you both are; how long you have been friends & how this conversation went. Maybe a liitle more information would help us.

For now, I'm guessing that if she liked you one day, then she liked you the next day.

Either she didn't mean what she said & was being silly with you ~ which isn't likely, since she is your best friend, or she did mean it and then felt shy & embarrassed the next day, having changed your relationship from just friendship to something else.

Did you speak to her the next day?
Have you spoken to her since?
Did you tell her that you liked her, too?

Make an effort to be as friendly as you usually are, so that she doesn't feel awkward around you.

If you like her ~ tell her.

See how it goes. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
OP Offline
we are both 14. shes talking a little more but she still doesnt try to get into a conversation.

yes, i try to speak to her all the time sometimes she tries to ignore me and goes and talks with her friends.

yes, i have told her i liker her.

the way it came up was we played the question game over text messaging. we ask each other and we both have to answer it. so i asked who she liked and she replied that it was me. and i said that i liked her too.

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Something is happening with her that you are just going to have to wait and see. Perhaps her friends have said something about you that has embarassed or frightened her. Or something you have said to others has been reported to her (but not as you said it or meant it).

Or it could be just as PDM has said - an attack of shyness.

In any event, to push will be to further drive her away. Be friendly, but basically wait and see.

Marge is the love of my life.
OP Offline
okay thanks

but the other day i asked her out and she said she didnt think that we were "ready". do you know what she means by that?

Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Could mean a lot of things. She may feel she's not mature enough for dating, or that she isn't ready for that kind of relationship with you. In other words, being buddies is one thing, but having a romantic involvement another. But one thing I know - if she says she is not ready, then you should respect that and just be a friend.

Marge is the love of my life.
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, 14 is still quite young. My daughter is 14 and I'm not sure that I would consider her ready to be dating, though some of her friends have boyfriends ~ so it may be something to do with her parents, even.

Last edited by PDM; 10/31/08 11:37 PM. Reason: typo

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
C
C
She's embarrassed okay dude, that's why she didn't speak to you. You should have spoken to her in person and let her know you felt the same way and everything was still good. Leaving the door open for a future relationship but I guess now I don't know what to say since I'm not her.. Well the "I'm not ready" thing could be because she's not yet comfortable as seeing or being with you as more than her friend even if she does like you in more than just a friendly way. You have to remember you guys were/are or whatever best friends and so it would be an awkward change for you both. I'm also 14.. well practically 15 now but anyway I know what you're talking about.. I'm still in the middle of a mind game with the boy I like.. Just don't play around with her or ignore her, it will only make her even more shy and also confuse the heck out of her!

Umm gumballs?,
Candy & Crushes

P.s. PDM.. Hola, I'm back..LOL

S
SDG Offline
S
Kid, I've been in that situation a few times... high school was similar in a few aspects.

Now... I understand deeply what it is that you're thinking. Trust me... but really, now her saying she liked you could mean a few things.

1 - She does like you more than a friend.

2 - She likes you as a friend.

3- She is unsure if she likes you.

Personally I think she's embarrassed. Maybe it just came out and she was unprepared. Also, maybe she was caught off guard when she said she liked you first. By you saying you liked her too, it could have mixed a few signals.

Now, I do agree with what everyone else has said. However, a girl can carry things like this for a while without any word to you, while you're left wondering. Personally, I would say try to talk to her still. Do your best, she may ignore you, but you also have to know when to just back off if it persists. You can't make her talk, and right now you can't really trust everything she'll tell you 100%. Why? Because her feelings are clouding her judgment. She may like you, but tell you otherwise, or she may not like you and lead you somewhere you don't want to be.

Candy & Crushes is correct. It is a game. However, because it is a game, that doesn't mean you can't play too. I'm not saying disappear from her, no. If you're feeling really bold (which I really don't suggest yet) you can say something like "Well, my invitation is still up when you're ready." Then just walk off. Tease her a bit, make her feel the urge to chase you. Of course be nice, but be a little on the sly side. Think of the detective from CSI Miami. That cool kind of nonchalant, look in the eyes, kind of attitude.

Its always an option, that however is up to you. Again, I understand you're 14, so these things may not work (just yet.) Pretty much, in the end, my advice is you may not get an answer, and she may want to talk until she's ready, whenever that may be. I suggest, that you do not dwell on this too much. Don't make it the priority of your school day. If you see her, smile at her, but think twice before you decide to approach her again.

--- My mother... she said. "Heaven's on one shoulder, but baby... Hell is on the other." ---

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site