Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Dagny Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
A month ago after we broke up I removed him from my friend's list on facebook. I'm not sure if he just realized it or not, but tonight he sent me a friend request...
I'm thinking I should decline but I was wondering if that would be best? I also considered just ignoring it and not answering it...but then he might call me and I don't want him to call my house...
Any suggestions? I don't want him to call my house, but also I don't want to be unfriendly/rude. Furthermore, I don't have many friends on Facebook but I don't feel desperate to have friends who treat me like second best...
Maybe this is just silly or stupid, but I have all of those things in my head so I'm not sure which approach to take.

C
C
Sorry to hearing that, I do have same problem, hahaha, you have problem with your ex boyfriend and i have problem with my so called (ex) girlfriend.... but I think you can add him in facebook. after all you have nothing to lose anymore...

Dagny Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
What is there to lose? my self respect and dignity are just a few things...
I guess I can always ignore the request...he might assume that I don't use facebook much anymore

Best Friend
Best Friend
Ignore or decline. Wipe your hands clean of this guy. As I said before in your old posts, you deserve so much better.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Dagny Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
ok so he hinted today about being friends even taking things slow (like I figure a relationship) but I told him I don't want to be friends, or even date him. he reacted funny, he said ok, looked mad and stormed over to his table and then out of the cafeteria...
I sort of feel bad or guilty because I feel like I am not being mature about this, but I really don't want to be his friend, not after how he treated me when I was his gf...and he didn't even call me since we broke up so now he wants to be friends?
am I immature to handle it this way?

Best Friend
Best Friend
No. Don't let him make you feel bad. It is your choice and no one can force you to be friends with them. The great thing about friendship is that it is a mutual appreciation of one another. The same goes for relationships.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Dagny Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
Wow, he is finally leaving me alone! The last two days he hasn't spoken to me or bothered me!
I guess he either moved on or someone told him to back off.

Soulmate
Soulmate
Your not doing anything he hasn't done, your just being more honest about it. You go girl.

Cookie and Sweetie
Best Friend
Best Friend
Hurrah!! Stay strong!!

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Dagny Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
No he's back! I don't know why he hasn't talked to me in the last 2 days (I don't care) but I figured he gave up...he did not.
He is telling people he dumped me...and I said if he dumped me why is he always talking to me? And he said he just wants to be friends, and he even has a new gf...
But if he is so into his new gf, then why does he sit a few tables away and watch me at lunch time?
He knows I am not interested in a friendship but he still comes to talk to me...I even told him that I burned his pictures. Does that not make you think that I am not interested in speaking with him?
I'm ready to just say if you don't leave me alone, stay on his end of the cafeteria, that I am going to ask the security guards to tell him to leave me alone...I think that is extreme though?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site