Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dagny Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
I don't know...he's done that before. I broke up with him another time in January for a short time. He had called my house though and my mom answered the phone. He said how he liked a girl in one of his classes and was going to ask her out...a few days later it turned out she did not even like him!
He also told me his parents were happy that he made the right decision (breaking up with me I guess). I don't know why they don't like me...I'm a good student in college, get high grades, don't smoke or drink. He on the other hand loves to party and drink and he doesn't do very well in classes. In fact ever since we began dating his grades had gotten better, which he said he worked harder because he knew that was important to me.
Like I said, I really don't want to be good friends...but if I saw him on campus I wouldn't be mean, I'd say hi. But I wouldn't hang out with him or anything.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I think that you are doing the right thing.

Being polite and saying hello seems fine.

Maybe his parents just don't feel that he is mature enough to settle down.

You were talking about marrying him, yet he still wants to behave like a teenager.

Personally, I think that, at only 22, it's ok to behave like a teenager, but one can't do both ~ settle down and be single at the same time.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #312072 07/22/08 09:31 PM
Dagny Offline OP
Regular
OP Offline
Regular
he was really the one who brought up marriage! he even asked me one day and then an hour later decided it might not be the right time, and didn't want to disappoint his parents. I was just like...ok but I really want to get to know you first so that can't happen for quite some time!
also he even had a long discussion with me on baby names, what he would name the girls and what he would name the boys. I told him some names I liked and he did not like them but I wasn't as into it as he was. then he got upset because he thought I didn't care what we'd name our kids...its not so much that I didn't care but I thought it was early to discuss that?
another time he wanted to know if I liked his last name and got a little upset when he thought I did not
again it was not that I was rejecting that...it just seemed too early to discuss the marriage issue in my opinion...
I mean, we are still in college, I'd like to have a steady job first. And I think he wanted a huge expensive wedding, which he also discussed but again I thought it was too early. Maybe in like a year when we are out of college we could have planned and dreamed up a wedding...but not this early!
He was the only one rushing things, but then he wanted freedom. Like in one day he would be thinking about baby names but the next he'd be wishing he was single. I know he can't have both at the same time...

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Exactly.
He wants both and it's impossible.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #312078 07/22/08 10:18 PM
Best Friend
Best Friend
He sounds a bit troubled. Be free and make yourself strong!! Don't let anyone toy with your emotions and bring you down.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site