RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
i tried a million times to get him to go out with me, and when he does, he dumps me four days later!

then he comes crawling back and asks me out again three months later.

i say yes and we started going out. but i just now realized i really resent him for acting like i'm a final resort, and i don't feel my heart beat quicker when i think of him anymore.

what should i do?

luv me even if you don't want to. ;}
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
drop him..lol if he cared for you, then he would not be doing this... why say yes when he ask you out if you know in a few days he well just end it again...let me guess he ends it when he meet someone else right..(been there)..then when he either he brakes up with the other girl or cant finad any one, he comes right back to you..right? sounds just like one of my ex's...he never changed..and i finaly got over him and moved on ..now i have my hubby lol...dont put your self out there for him..you can do better. sorry if i sound kinda mean..this just hits a sore spot for me lol k

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome awkwardgirl905 smile

Why did he take so long to go out with you in the first place?
Why did he finish with you within days?
Why did he come back to you a few weeks later?

You may know the answers ~ I cannot say.
People change their minds.
People 'use' people.
People like to feel wanted.
People may be guided by the comments of others.

The thing now is that your 'heart [doesn't] beat quicker when [you] think of him anymore'. He used to be your dream boy ~ when you were trying ' million times to get him to go out with' you. Now you know the real person and, though you gave him another chance, he just isn't the boy you want any more. This is not uncommon.

To be fair to yourself ~ and to him ~ I think that it is time to end this. No-one should be dating someone they don't want to date.

Then you can both find someone that you each truly care for.

Good luck! smile

Last edited by PDM; 05/02/08 08:06 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Soulmate
Soulmate
I agree, but before you leave, you have nothing to loose if you ask why he dropped you after four days. Having an explanation may give you closure so you don't look back and second guess your decision. The explanation may or may not be the truth, only you can judge.

Cookie and Sweetie
OP Offline
thank you all soo much! you helped me make a decision about him. i'm not at his beck and call. i won't regret my decision when i break it off.

i'll probably never find out if he ever saw anything in me, but i know that at one time i saw something in him. i know that i'll always remember the way that i felt when i held his hand, and the way i cried when he hurt me, but i know that i'm making the right decision, and that i'll forget my anger and hurt towards him eventually and i'll be able to keep him in my heart forever.

(p.s. suzzie, i don't think you were being mean or rude at all)

Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
well im glad for you..its hard when it comes to matters of the heart ..and your right..one day you can just look back and either see a guy you onced cared for alot or a guy who just allways broke your heart..either way , ive learnd with ex's .is that we learn from what happend and grow from it smile

OP Offline
thank you, i hope that i can look back and see a guy i once cared for, i'll always remember you're guy's's(i don't know how to spell it, yikes) advice.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site