RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#271570 03/21/08 04:15 AM
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
[font:comic sans ms]One of my guy friend is confuse and going through so much. He E-mailed me for advice and I really don't know what to say...here it is...[/font]

"I like this girl from church (who goes away to college) and she is in a long distance relationship. She hasn't responded to me liking her, but I haven't shown it as much as I should out of being sort of shy. She knows how I feel about her as well as others (her sister and her Dad). Her sister watches me these days at church and her Dad said it sounded like I am obsessed with his daughter, which I am not! he is okay with me talking about life still which is good). I like the girl but her being in a long distance relationship is why she hasn't responded to me. It's weird though because she has last semester when I saw her at church and I think she was in the relationship with that guy back then too. Maybe I did or said some thing that she is angry with me and she blocked me online. I only saw her once after that time which was this past Sunday but I didn't look at her that much from afar and don't know if she looked at me. Her sister watches me though. What is a guy supposed to do?"

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Personally, I think that this girl may once have been friendly with him, but probably isn't interested in him in a romantic way. I think it may be as simple as that.

She knows he likes her, as does her family.

She hasn't responded to his interest and has blocked him online.
When she was being friendly towards him, before, she probably had no intention of him taking it the wrong way.

He feels that she hasn't responded to him ~ but she has. She has ignored him and blocked him. I think that her message is quite obvious. At present, she doesn't want any kind of relationship with him at all.

What she, herself, thinks & feels is, of course, a mystery. Maybe she does like him, but doesn't want to lead him on, or doesn't want to risk the relationship she already has.

Maybe she doesn't feel anything for him, at all, but doesn't want to be unpleasant or negative towards him, because she is a pleasant friendly girl ~ which is what appealed to your friend in the first place.

If he is so interested that her father thinks that he is obsessed, then it's no wonder that her sister watches him.

The boy needs to be let down lightly, but he needs to acknowledge what he must already know.

This happens all the time to teenagers (and many teenagers are shy, even if they hide it ~ especially boys). He will find Miss Right in due course, but this may not be her.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site