RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Zyger1500 #253102 02/06/08 03:12 AM
Friend
Friend
This kind of thing is too big to have secret in a relationship. It's something you need to talk to him about and try to get over. This kind of thing is not something that stays a secret either. Even little things get around, and people you hardly even know may even know what happened by now. It's best to for him to hear it from you, because chances are he'll eventually hear it from somebody else. But he does deserve to know, it's not fair to him if he doesn't. He should also know so that he can re-evaluate his friendship with the other person.

If your honest and up-front with him you can work through things. Perhaps you can even offer to go to counsiling with him. But whatever you do don't play the blame game, take responsibility for what you did wrong.

Missy_Welden #254305 02/09/08 05:44 PM
C
Regular
Regular
C
I can almost guarantee that your b/f will want the truth from you. Tell him. Why keep it from him? To not hurt him? You have already done that. It's just that he doesn't know you have. And THAT is what's deceitful. Honesty is never the wrong thing to do. And I don't know why anyone would recommend that. This is your b/f's friend. Of course he will find out. If not from either of you two, from someone else whom you least expect. And I can guarantee that one of the first things he will say is, "Why didn't you tell me?" Speaking from personal experience, the LIE will hurt worse than the truth because it's coming from someone he trusts.

May is Mental Health Awareness month. Help stop the stigma of mental illness.
Coroffwife #262168 02/26/08 08:20 PM
M
Companion
Companion
M
I would say that you need to tell him. If you guys are strong enough then you would be able to make it thru it as a couple. My now huband cheated on me and i on him but we were strong and we worked on our ralationship and made it thru.

missir16 #262298 02/26/08 11:44 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That's a positive and heartening message, missir16 smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #264964 03/02/08 04:31 PM
Good Friend
Good Friend
This is just what I would do, so take it the way you want.

If my boyfriend cheated on me, I would break up with him, no second chances. However, as ticked off as I would be if I did find out, I would rather know, than stay in a relationship that in which I had been cheated on and never find out.

The thing is, your boyfriend deserves to know. It will undoubtably upset him but it his RIGHT to know, and then decide what to do about it.

And cheating on your boyfriend is an awful thing to do. It is probably the worst mistake in a relationship, and there is NO excuse for it. However, making this mistake does not make you a skank, or a bad person at all. It does make you human. Because like PDM said, all people make mistakes. Making these mistakes make you human. Just learn from mistakes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site