Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Some people do meet their life partner that young. My mum met my dad when she was 16, and they've been together ever since (close on half a century!) But as PDM said, it's rare.

Think how much you've changed since you were, say, 12. It's only four years, but you've undoubtedly grown up and altered a hell of a lot in that time. You'll go through a lot more change by the time you're, say, 21. That's why most teenage relationships don't survive, because you're both changing and growing as people, and the things you thought you wanted at 15 or 16 may not be what you want at 20. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I know it's easy for us oldies to sit here pontificating about it. smile I know you're suffering, dude, but it'll pass, and when it does you'll be wiser for the experience. Trust me!

B
OP Offline
B
i understand all of this....
but i mean we're still talking and stuff and telling me i love you alot and i want you badly just dont understand that really

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Well, it's easy enough to say "I love you"....but if she doesn't love you enough to ditch the other guy, she doesn't really love you at all.

I know it's hard, but having false hope might cause you more agony in the long run than making a clean break.

If I were you, I'd tell her she needs to make up her mind.....either it's you she wants, or this other guy. She can't have both.

If she can't make up her mind....a clean break might be the best way to go. It'll hurt like hell for a little while, but that will fade, believe me.

Good luck and take care. smile

B
OP Offline
B
thanks for everything man
just tryin to keep my head up lol
i'll ask her if she txts me tonightt

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Whichever way it goes, don't let it get you down.....you've all your life ahead of you and there's a world full of pretty ladies just waiting to make your acquaintance :P Keep smiling! smile

B
OP Offline
B
hopefully she'll come back
but im thinking about waiting on dating for a few years i kinda not trusting girls right noww lol

J
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Understandable.....get this one out of your system first....but you'll know when you're ready to try again.

Maybe she will come back, now or in the future...but if she doesn't, put it down to experience. Either way, keep your chin up and don't let it get you down!

Hey you'll get over it really, this will happen many more times! It will only seem like the end of the world for a couple days then you get distracted by something else.. promise! If things don't work out, that is.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
This is from another thread ~ just to show that you are not unusual:
Originally Posted By: JoeNathan
' I know the desire to be with this girl for the rest of your life is strong and sounds very appealing, and I believe that emotion to be normal... even at your age. It makes us human. Heck, I was with a girl for 9 months with I was 15 and I was talking about marriage. I loved this girl so much, I wanted to spend every waking second with her. It drove me crazy when I didn't get to see her. I finally realized later on down the road, sometime after we broke up, that our emotions can drive us to the point to where we become so blinded we can't even see whats good for ourselves.'

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=243112&fpart=3

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
B
OP Offline
B
ok ok yesterday my buddy talked to her and she told him that she loves me but she never tells me that<<only him>>>
later on i get a txt msg from her and it said if i was ok and that they were worried about me and stuff
i dont get it??? what is she tryin to do confused

Last edited by Basketballdude3; 01/13/08 03:40 PM.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site