I met the man of my dreams, but was simply too afraid of expressing my true emotions due to lack of courage, fear of rejection and my insecurities. I asked him to go easy on me because I was so overwhelmed by his intensity, but he would not listen to what I was saying. Don´t get me wrong, I´m a very intense person myself, and because of that intensity I have put some men off in the past. Wouldn´t want to repeat the same mistakes, but as it turns out, this did not apply to this guy. He wanted the intensity, only I wasn´t ready to return the favor quite that soon. Also the fact that he is separated (for 6 months now) and has children made me feel insecure (I´ve had past bad experiences dating a man with a kid). This lead me to become really hurtful and mean to him... saying he wasn´t what I was looking for and that we had no future together, stupid I know. In the early days of our relationship he happened to say that his soon to be ex-wife was the love of his life... but adding "so far" at the end. He kept insisting I was the woman of his dreams, his future... I tried to even break up with him so I could get some time to sort out my feelings, but he managed to talk me out of it. He said he wanted to spend Christmas with me, and that no matter what, his feelings for me would never change.. Then I pushed it too far with getting upset about him not being able to spend Christmas with me after all... He wanted to, I know he did, but he also had to go and see his son to tell him about him and his mother getting a divorce. The reason he could not see me was because there were no ferries to where he was going on Christmas Day, so it really wasn´t his fault. I acted so badly when he called and told me the news... I completely flipped and said some very hurtful things to him. Very unacceptable behaviour and not something I would normally do... The last time I saw him was before New Year´s when he came by. I gave him a letter explaining how I really felt for him, and that I wished he would give me a chance to prove it. He said I could still call him, but that he needed time. But as soon as he left I tried to call him and sms him that same night and the next morning, but he never answered... I really needed to talk to him, but he got even more upset and said I had pushed it too far this time, and that my last chance had just expired. The reason I wanted to talk to him was because I had found out I was pregnant and really needed his support... My friend advised me to tell him about what was really going on, and why I´d been so extremely touchy for the past 2 weeks. Well, he was shocked and said he didn´t believe it and asked me what I would do? I told him not to worry about it... All this via sms. He now say he has no feelings for me anymore - that I killed it all. And that there were too many ups and downs in his marriage and that he doesn´t need that anymore. It is hard for me to comprehend how someone can fall out of love in less than a week. Especially after I did open up to him completely about how I felt. Something that is very difficult for me to do, especially in such an early stage of the relationship (less than 2 months)... I just needed some time to process my feelings. I do not want to lose this man, never did, but I just wasn´t ready to dive in head first. I felt so safe and comfortable with him, even though I was not ready to open up completely. I rarely fall in love, but when I do, I fall hard and I stay there. Should I just admit my defeat and let him go?