RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
I was applying for an additional part time job at the college’s campus library where I was working & studying. It’s a very friendly environment, we were chatting and suddenly he came into the office. He asked me where I’m coming from, I told him, and then he started to say a few words in my language. We didn’t say much after that because I had to leave shortly. In the meantime, my best friend was talking about his class, especially about his instructor who looks more like an actor than a teacher and that his entire female classmates are just completely hypnotized by him. At that time, I was pretty much careless to be honest. I mean I’ve always been easily having crushes over the guys, but it’s rather more of their charm, or gentleman than something else. About a month after I applied for the job, the papers were finally through & I started working there. So as I was walking with my friend (also from my country) to the library, there he was again...just leaving. He was just passing me, but somehow, he decided to turn back and...asked me again...what language do I speak? (I was talking with my friends at the time). At this point, I already knew he’s my best friend teacher just by random & I’m pretty sure he remembered me too due to something we exchanged during that conversation. From that point on, I see him once a week at the library because he teaches a class there. His class is dismissed as I started to work; but somehow, he always stayed there a while after his class (he used to leave immediately). We started to talk, about my schooling, and his back then, and how he came to learn a few words in my language, etc. I noticed that he always gave me a handshake or a friendly hug, or a pat on my shoulder whenever he saw me. At first, I thought maybe he was just a friendly person...but then one day I was walking with one of his students & suprisingly, he only gave me a handshake, but not to her...I remember one day as I was coming to work, I saw him leaning on the door, facing the hallway where the entrance is like he was waiting for someone...and we talked after that obviously. Later on, he started to show up in the library between his classes (while I was still working), staying in the library’s office/break room for a brief time using his computer. One day, he was selling tickets for this banquet held in campus & he asked if I’d like to come. I asked my best friend & he said that his class is designed for this particular program and they’re having an award/dinner evening. So on that day, my best friend and I got all dressed up and went there. To my surprise...he and I were the only Asian & Hispanic kids there because this program is for African American students, and the teacher was a mentor. The evening was very pleasant and we both really enjoyed it. Then back at work, I see the teacher again but my feelings for him were growing so I decided to strike less conversation. We didn’t talk for about 2-3 weeks, until the last week of the semester. I came into the break room while he’s there using his computer, and as I was leaving, he turned to me and ask me how to...print his Power Point lecture. I knew that was just an excuse, because he’s been teaching for almost 10 years already and obviously teachers have to know how to print. We chatted for a while...and that was the last time I ever saw him. It’s been 6 months already since the Spring semester has ended & I also have stopped working in the library. I still think about the teacher from time to time (never had a crush that long) and wonder if he also liked me back then? My best friend kept saying that the teacher was just being friendly & that I was reading too much into his little actions. Gosh, I feel like a teenager all over again, asking people if someone likes me and stuff...But seriously, what do you guys think about this? Sorry for such a long post...

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Well, it does sound as if he liked you, but why no contact at all for six months?

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Best Friend
Best Friend
Is there a large age difference and would it have been inappropriate if he liked you back? It is possible that he had a crush on you as well.

Never forget:
Leaf - 11/5/07
Louie - 1/25/08
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Well, I thought it would be inappropriate like Five Keets mentioned above for anythign to happen between student and teacher. I'm 23, and he's 38. Got this info from my best friend (his student) :), whom at the time, started asking me out too (now on & off b/f). And of course, the teacher knew about it because my best friend at the time asked him for opinion about my birthday's present and plans...."Sigh"...it's just one of those days I miss my old crush frown

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown
K
Friend
Friend
K
must be nice to be in love...*sigh*

sounds like a very nice person...but i guess the student-teacher relationship thing is pretty....awkward and bad??? maybe4?

Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
It was actually very miserable for me at that time frown I was feeling guilty half of the time cuz first, there was something b/t me and my bestfriend too...and second, I knew there's never gonna be anything happen b/t me and the teacher either. I don't know if it's bad or not, but awkward would be for sure smile

I mean with my bestfriend, I always felt real safe with him...But with the teacher...ahhh, it's just I found him extremely attractive in every single way...

R.I.P SKY
2/19/08

My baby PEACE
Missing 7/3/09
frown

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site