RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mengms Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My ex and I broke up at the beginning of the summer. He initiated it, saying he wasn't ready and just couldn't do it. I was heartbroken (and still am). :(Truthfully, we both made mistakes leading to the break-up. He was emotionally closed off and that made my imagination run wild; which, in turn, made me do stupid things (i.e. calling him repeatedly when he was on biz trips and wouldn't answer). However, in all fairness, I don't think our issues could not have been worked out - we had the same values, same goals, there was no one else involved, no cheating, we wanted the same things, we liked the same things, etc.

We talked for a couple months after the actual break-up - most days, even leading up to a dinner out together. But, a couple months after the official break-up we got into an ugly fight mad, he said he just wanted it to be over, I said I deserved better and we really haven't spoken since. Frankly, we both said nasty things that night, but things I'd be willing to put aside given we were both drunk and angry and hurt.

Anyway, after that we really didn't talk much except for the closing out of the apartment we once shared (we lived together for about a year). That was a month ago, tho, so we haven't talked since then - or seen each other. In fact, I don't think we've seen each other in almost 3 months now...anyway, I've had plenty of time to think about everything thta has happened. I regret the things I did, I am sorry for my mistakes, I am still hurt by some things he did/said, but I truly believe in the love we shared and I want to give it a second chance...any advice on how to get back on my ex's radar and give it a go? Guys, what would make you reconsider taking your ex back and trying again? :-k

S
Friend
Friend
S
Were I you, I'd show him what you just told us, give him some time to think, and if he still says "no," then there's not much you can do about it.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
M
Best Friend
Best Friend
M
at least be friends

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome mengms

If you have a look around, you will see a number of relatively similar problems on here.

Misunderstandings cause arguments, which cause hurt, etc.

Could you get relationship counselling?

Could you sit down and discuss matters objectively and rationally ~ without allowing emotions to take control?

Sometimes love can conquer all, but it may need a little help.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
I
I

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi ikkeook

I'm a bit concerned about advertising one's own book on this forum.

How can we be sure that it is reliable etc?

I always warn people to be wary of Internet offers.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site