RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#221059 10/22/07 07:45 AM
OP Offline
hi. I need some advice about this guy from an independent party; if he likes me, and what I should do. Here goes, there's this guy who I like and sometimes he acts as if he's flirting. I mean, he does things like
- He let me wear his hat at rehearsal. Small, I know, except he doesn't let people wear his hat. He usually gets unhappy if people take his hat, but when I asked he just handed it over.
- he asks me questions that one would assume he knows the answer to, and he asks me, even when we're in a group.
- mini story: one day at rehearsal this kid was bugging me, so I mouthed to him "I swear I'm going to smack him." and as soon as I did, he smiled at me and smacked the kid.
- he always talks to me when we're on stage or when the director is giving directions, even though he's a seasoned actor and knows not to(admitadly, so am I and I do it too..)
- We were talking about Princess Bride and he looked at me and said "As You Wish," which anyone firmilliar with the movies knows is what Wesley says as a way of telling Buttercup he's interested
- basically, other incidents similar to those, also, I've been getting a definite vibe from him. There are a few complications, however, and they are all mostly stupid things like he's 2 years younger than I am (not that I care, just some people think it's weird), I'm leaving in January for a Semester Abroad in London, and just stupid things like that. help! Please?

S
Friend
Friend
S
It sounds to me like he likes you.

If you and he both don't care that he's 2 years younger, then it doesn't matter.

Distance relationships CAN work, so don't let the fact that you're going to London get in your way. They are not easy, and as with any healthy relationship, they require trust and loyalty on both ends, work, and open communication (that isn't to say daily communication.) The distance just strains these.

Best of luck.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi. smile

It does sound as if he likes you.

Two year age differences shouldn't be important in a relationship. It's not even very long. I'm 15 months older than my husband. We have friends where the wife is 5 or 6 years older.

Age-difference relationships are really only a major problem if the older one wants it to be a sexual relationship and the younger one is too young for that, I think.

Hope it works out well.

Welcome to the forum, theatregrl !

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #221142 10/22/07 09:51 PM
N
N
Sounds to me like he's interested. Try picking up the pace a little, flirt a little more. Or you could ask him out, casually, nothing romantic. Just spur of the moment kind of thing and see if he goes for it. If he does? Great! If not? His loss.
As for the age difference? A friend married a man 11 years younger than her and they are one of the happiest couples I know.
Good luck!!

~Live your life so the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral~
ntiggr2 #221147 10/22/07 09:57 PM
one question, if he sounds like he likes you so much, do you like him?
cuz if u do just flirt back,
and if u dont...
just flirt back!
sounds silly but when you flirt back you should make yourself look really stupid.

Verty+IceBurg 4EVER
Verty #221246 10/23/07 05:34 AM
S
Friend
Friend
S
Originally Posted By: Verty

sounds silly but when you flirt back you should make yourself look really stupid.

And why is this? This implies that men like stupid females? I would have to disagree--just be yourself.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
sala #221249 10/23/07 06:18 AM
N
N
I'm sorry, but I don't understand the 'act stupid' part. If you act stupid, you will be perceived as stupid. You sound like an intelligent interesting young woman. Don't hide it. let it shine.

ntiggr2 #221656 10/26/07 06:06 AM
OP Offline
So, I'm thinking of asking him to run lines with me...d'you think this is a good idea or is it too ambiguous or is that sort of ambiguity a good thing at this stage?

standing on an darkened stage, waiting for my time to shine
N
N
What can it hurt? Try throwing in a little flirting and see where it goes? Or maybe a more serious conversation. Just see what the mood is and go with it.

Verty #230066 11/24/07 02:25 AM
Good Friend
Good Friend
Originally Posted By: Verty

This is one way that will make a guy pine for a girl. But its pathetic. This tactic is the one that will get you called names I'm not allowed to list on this forum.

If you want this guy to like you for yourself, then just be yourself, its really simple.

As for what to do... sure, ask him out. If he is too shy and you don't move forward it will never happen. Then if he says no, his loss. It doesn't mean that you guys can't be friends.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site