RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
You can read about it here - http://happymidwestmarriage.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=15

Start from the bottom, then work your way up.

Needless to say, the incident (which happened two months ago, and was something I believed to be nothing more than a mini-date and a few hugs) involved something much worse. By any definition, she cheated on me. I found out the truth last night.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

M
Best Friend
Best Friend
M
well file for divorce

u haveo nly made one post, so this is your first (welcome) but u sure ure not really picking a random forum to know about ure life like this?

ok for the advice, im only 13 so some will sound crappy to you, my first girl and i were perfect and all but when i found out she was flirting wiht another guy i ended it first, your mistake was that you knew about it, but u ended it too late... and describe your wife, (wiht all do respect) if her personality is (with all do respect again) sluttish, then i would reccomend breaking up.
sorry if any of this offended u

Verty+IceBurg 4EVER
S
Friend
Friend
S
What to say...

You love her, there's no doubt about that. I don't think the advice you seek is whether you should file for divorce or not--you've already made up your mind. And so, I conclude that you're here looking for a way cope. I can only hope to maybe explain some of the events that took place, and maybe that will help. Bear in mind that everything is my own take as a third-party observer who's only seen your side and your perceptions.

She loves you--despite her actions, from what you say, I believe this to be true.

Why would she cheat on you with this being true? I believe that, as you say, she went along with the possibility of better future, and has since, as you say, learned this was a horrible misconception. My husband and I have had several conversations about the possibility of a cheating scenario.. I've learned that my admittance that I won't cheat on him really won't assuage his worries; however, my admittance that I can't possibly imagine anybody I would rather be with will.

Why would she not tell you she was having problems? Fear of hurting you, ironically. I have already said that I am confident there is nobody I would rather be with than my husband... however, because I love him and I wouldn't want to hurt him our marriage, it would take a lot of will power for me to force myself to admit a problem with it to him. I would imagine that it's something I could work through on my own in time, and he (in theory,) would be none the wiser and when I finally do work through whatever problem on my own, everything would be happy. Is this how it should be? No, not at all; but I know that this is how my brain/emotions work, and likely other female's too.

Why would her friends not tell you? A combination of the same reason just stated and the idea that, it is your problem, afterall.
Why would they not persuade her to talk to you about it? Probably a combination of "misery loves company," and the female notion mentioned earlier--that things will go away, and he doesn't need to know about it.

Why would she continue to lie after you've plainly said you know the truth? Guilt... along with a glimmer of hope that you'll believe her. Again, the idea that it will be easier on you and the marriage if you don't know everything.

So...
Who is there to blame? Ideally, I think it would be easiest to get through it to not blame anybody and just accept it as "matter of fact" and work on what can be fixed--if you are religious, The Serenity Prayer comes to mind, and if not, there is still wisdom in it.

I know I've left gaps, which isn't my intention, but inevitable. Hope I've helped in some way, though.

If you wish, feel free to message me.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on...
-Omar Khayyam
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I think that this is another example of a couple who would benefit from relationship counselling.

Good luck!

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site