RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KoKo #217451 09/30/07 09:08 AM
i got pregnant at 17 and im 30 now. the day i found out i was pregnant her dad walked out. he has never been seen or heard from since but its ok cuz i later married a guy who adopted my daughter as his own. i didnt finish high school but im proud to say i do have a GED and am going to college. i didnt think i could do it either so i was gonna let my mom adopt her. the day she was born and i saw her tears come to my eyes. my mom told me if i was willing to try to raise her that she would help me.
i told my mom i wanted what was best for harley. my mom made sure i did what was best for harley. harley is now 12 years old,almost 13 and im so glad my mom decided to let me raise her.
my favorite word in the world now is "mom". and you hear people without children say i love him/ her like my own...you dont know what love really is til you have a child and that child depends on you. i thought i knew what love was but i didnt until i had a child. and now im the proudest mom of 4 beautiful healthy kids.
please dont think ur a bad mom for considering to put her up for an adoption cuz ur not. people have more respect for a person who puts the child up for adoption than has an abortion. also, after so many abortions it is very hard for a woman to carry a child.

~ Nichole ~

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome Nichole. smile

It's very difficult, I think, to say what a pregnant teenager should do, but I think that Nichole's words must be very encouraging to any. Nichole, you have done very well. smile

I understand that many girls, who go through with an abortion, really regret it afterwards, but many think that it was best for them at the time.

Personallty, I don't think that I could give up my child ~ by abortion or even adoption ~ and each person's personal view is bound to affect the way they might advise someone else.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #217641 10/01/07 02:57 AM
Thank You PDM! it is very difficult.

~ Nichole ~

KoKo #221151 10/22/07 10:13 PM
N
N
I ended up pregnant at 18 and had wondered if I was ready to raise a child. If you give yourself half a chance, I think you'll find out that you are. If you decide to have the baby, I'm not saying it will be easy or you'll be great at everything on the fist shot, but you learn and life still goes on. Having a baby doesn't have to be a hindrance or a burden on your life.
If you decide not to keep the baby, please opt for adoption. THere are soooo many people out there willing to give a child a good, loving home.

Please think long and hard before you make any decisions that can't be called back.
All the best..

~Live your life so the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral~
KoKo #223003 11/02/07 09:21 PM
M
Best Friend
Best Friend
M
Originally Posted By: KoKo
Yes Zookeeper I remember when I was 12, a girl was 13 and pregnant actually. I am not even 30 yet and grew up when making love was already normal in junior high or high school. It is hard because of the peer pressure. Even if parents are good parents, kids do slip because of peer pressure.
I agree with zookeeper also in being against abortion. There are people who would love that child as a miracle since they cannot have their own children.

yes and my mother had my brother when she was 17 so you probably could handle it just worried tho

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site