RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#192105 06/17/07 05:46 AM
N
OP Offline
N
I just can't believe I fell for this. First of all, I've never really dated. I've been married twice and a year and a 1/2 ago my husband was killed.So up until recently I haven't dated or really even left my house for that matter. A couple months ago I stopped in a bar with a friend, just for a quick one and this attractive, younger guy approached me and we just really hit it off. I gave him my number and he was just so persistent. So we hooked up and had great times. I felt like I knew him forever, we were practically inseparable the first month. I know, fast huh? We decided to slow things down. He had just gotten out of a 2 yr relationship and was having a hard time starting over so I helped him out with money here and there, I helped him land a good job, when we went somewhere, I bought. You know where this is going... So the last couple weeks I was hearing from him less and less, he's calling me the last 5 min on his lunch, he's just so damn busy... well the breaking point came when he lied to me about working saturdays.. turns out he's seeing someone else. I feel like such an idiot.. I can't believe I fell for it and him.. my heart is broken... frown Thanx for listening! I'm so humiliated...

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi new2this.

Don't be so hard on yourself.
This has been a learning experience.

There are people like this ~ and I don't know if he is of them ~ but I know of others. They prey on the vulnerable. They do it almost as a career. They do their utmost to make the vulnerable feel better ~ while they, of course, use that person for their own purposes. I have seen it before with a bereaved family member. In the end, when the widower also died, this person took everything of monetary value and destroyed everything of sentimental value. So you are not the only one.

I am really sorry to hear about your husband. That must have been devastating ~ and to put your trust in someone else, who treated you like this was so unfair.
But not everyone is like him.

Be positive, but be careful.
Welcome to the forum ~ I wish you well. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site