RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
OP Offline
I
I've been best friends with this girl for over 3 years and the past year we have become very close. I love her very deeply and I believe that she loves me also but I am wary of asking her out. A lot of me mates tell me to ask her out and she even brought it up once saying ,"Michael, it would be awesome if we could go out but we might ruin our friendship if we were to break up." That is my worst fear as well, I would rather love her and keep her as my best friend than lose her as both a girlfriend and a best friend if we were to break up! We are together everyday and we talk for hours on IM and on the phone. I am almost sure that she knows that I like her b/c of the way she acts but I can't be sure, can ya guys tell me how I could show and or tell her that I love her without making it awkward? Do ya think I should ask the lass out or not? Thanks. "peace"

T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
how old are you?

I
OP Offline
I
I'm nearly 16. A month older than she is.

T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
I've been in similar predicaments before, although I'm not sure if the person ever liked me, becase I never confronted him or asked him- now, I graduated high school and the chances of being able to talk to him now about it are so much slimer. I say go for it. I was in the same mindset as you are (I didn't want to ruin the friendship) but in the end, I think it will work out for he better.

Great Friend
Great Friend
the thing is, the way your friendship's going, it already sounds like your dating smile

17 year old korean female and proud.
너 진짜 바보구나...
I
OP Offline
I
We get closer everyday and I can talk about anything with her, I believe that in a few weeks we will end up going out. If the opportunity presents itself I plan to tell her my feelings for her. Thanks for your advice, I will tell you how it worked out!
"peace"

V
Best Friend
Best Friend
V
if she is sending you good vibes i would go for it. she would let you know if she weren't interested.

the thing is - you can't predict the future. you are young and this may not be the girl you marry and grow old with (although you never know).. but you will never know what it is like to have a romantic relationship with her unless you try. my life experience is that friendships like this don't stay friendships forever - they typically progress to a romance with eachother. if not, then one day one or the other starts to get involved with somebody else, and then you lose a little bit of the friendship between you. that's because a person can't really have a "romantic chemistry" going with two people at one time and sustain both relationships, even if one is platonic and the other is not.

T
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
T
GO FOR IT!

Best Friend
Best Friend
I think you have strong feelings for her than what a friend has. I would agree with The_Zookeeper and go for it and just give it a try.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Welcome irish_hippie20. smile

Ask yourself how you would feel if she started dating someone else, because you didn't ask her out.

I think that would affect your friendshiop too, don't you. So best ask her out! Good luck.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site