Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#188724 06/05/07 10:45 PM
A
ajnard Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'll set up the situation for everyone:

At the begining of the school year, I vividly remember seeing a sophmore girl in my French class. Wow, what a beauty. Blue eyes, long brown hair, funny, attractive, everything a man could ask for. I am only a freshman and our year of 06-07 is closing in less than a week. I remember that first day like nothing else i have ever seen. I didn't even know her name then. I had a crush on her ever since that first day. About 3 times during the year, we got to have our seats changed and i finally got to be her partner the last marking period of the year.

I hung out with the sophmores in my class most of the year but i never really talked to that girl. I couldn't stop thinking about her though. We both use www.facebook.com to connect with other friends and i saw that she was single. I never had that much excitement about being single ever before. So when we switched our seats we began talking alot more.

We talked about so many different things.

To give a little information on us, (nothing to far) ill share a little. I am tall, very athletic, pretty popular but i have never been on a real date before. ALl my friends have made out with girls but i haven't even had a date in my life yet. So yea im popular but i can't get the ladies. I play lacrosse for my school, and i play basketball with my friends.

The girl, who i will refer to as Jill (not her real name) was amazing. I soon found out after talking to her that she loved lacrosse, and she played for the school also. We had so much in common. She was on the varsity swim team, and i admired the challenges she over came during the year. We loved summmer and winter, we hung out with our friends, we loved thunderstorms (weird huh?) and we talked so much in such a short time.

She always would make comments to me about my grades, about how she was jealous of how smart i was. I would always tell her that she was and she was jsut getting unlucky.

I was an honors student, top of my class, straight A's, yet my friends and other girls said i was charming and cool. Not a normal geek or nerd in your high-school years. I couldn't understand why i couldn't hook up with any girls.

Half way through that marking period when we were talking alot, she started dating a hot shot senior. That's right, a senior and here i was a freshman wanting a piece of his girl. That was when i started having trouble with her feelings towards me. After that point at which she got a boyfriend, i would see her look at me most of our class. We made eye contact so much during this time period and i felt a real connection but the senior was still in the way.

The year's closing out now and i still am feeling some sort of love towards this girl. She still is dating that same senior but the weird behavior of her engaging in alot of conversation and even her flirting to the level of touching baffles me.

Today during class, there was a thunderstorm, one of our most favorite thing and we smiled at each otehr the whole class every time we heard thunder or saw lightning. We weren't even paying attention to our teacher, only focusing on nature and then on each other. We told each toehr how boring French was and how we would love to be outside watching the storm roll by.

Please help me with this predicament.

Thanks to all in advance for your help

ajnard

ajnard #188739 06/05/07 11:31 PM
Great Friend
Great Friend
first: awwwwwwww! laugh

second: do you think she might be going out with that senior to make you jealous? i don't know if girls ACTUALLY do that in real life.. but hey, you never know.

17 year old korean female and proud.
너 진짜 바보구나...
sue! #188743 06/05/07 11:37 PM
A
ajnard Offline OP
OP Offline
A
its true, i never see them talk or anything but im not going to jump to conclusions.

Hopefully ill see her next year, i don't even know how im going to get through the summer without seeing her face.

ajnard

ajnard #188745 06/05/07 11:41 PM
A
ajnard Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Another think I forgot to mention.

I think i have real feelings for this girl. I think about her when i am hanging around my house bored, i see her in my dreams often and i can't stop staring at her during our class.

I think i have been bitten by the love bug :-)

ajnard

ajnard #188751 06/05/07 11:48 PM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Why don't you just tell her that if she were single, you would ask her out.

Or is that a bad thing to do when she already has a boyfriend? Hmm .. not sure.

It just strikes me that you two have a connection, yet she is going out with someone else.

Maybe she will finish with him, without knowing that you like her, and you could miss out on a summer together.

Perhaps you could tell her that you would ask her out, if she didn't have a boyfriend, but since she does, you hope that you can continue to be friends. Or something like that.

And perhaps she just likes you as a friend.

Good luck & welcome. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
ajnard #188752 06/05/07 11:49 PM
Great Friend
Great Friend
so did you friend her on facebook? if not, i'd take the initiative and friend her!

another thing... i think it'd be best if you developped a relationship with her OFFLINE first. (though it seems you already have.)

because i find it's usually awkward to talk to people in "real life" when most of your conversation is done through text.

너 진짜 바보구나...
ajnard #188754 06/05/07 11:54 PM
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
I'm sure the feelings you have are real.

What concerns me here is that if she's in fact dating a senior, why is she flirting and touching you? To me that would indicate a problem in her relationship with the senior. If she's actually with this person, she shouldn't be doing this to him. Do you know for sure if she's with him still as a girlfriend or are they just friends? This needs to be sorted out before the next step is taken on your part.

If it's the latter, perhaps it's time to just go ahead and ask her if she'd like to go out to a movie, coffee or a track meet with you.

Aerial #188762 06/06/07 12:01 AM
A
ajnard Offline OP
OP Offline
A
thanks for all the replies!

1.) u have friended her on facebook and we dont realy talk on it that much, we only talk during school.

2.) On facebook shes listed as in a relationship with the senior still.

3.) I met her before in our local Starbucks a few times before i relaly got to know her, i think she likes coffee.

And yes, you are probably wondering why i didn't take the oppurtunity to ask her out when she was single. Well, i'm pretty shy with girls because i have no experience. I have no problem talking with any girl, even senior girls i don't know to give my friends a good kick. But i think it's the rejection that scares me. Everything throughout my life has been easy, and i ahve succeeded with flying colors, even with school. I think that i can't face the reality of rejection.

With new motivation, i will now ask her out if i notice she is single and maybe we'll meet for coffee sometime.

Another question:
What happens if the senior thinks i'm starting something with his girl when she's the one flirting with me? Am i in big trouble then?

ajnard

ajnard #188831 06/06/07 02:10 AM
Great Friend
Great Friend
you're brave! i would never have the guts.

Originally Posted By: ajnard
Another question:
What happens if the senior thinks i'm starting something with his girl when she's the one flirting with me? Am i in big trouble then?

and this is where communication is key... don't assume anything of anyone; say it all! just make sure to that point across, that she flirted w/ you and not the other way around.

but what's this senior guy like? you can be the only one to judge since none of us know him :o)

너 진짜 바보구나...
sue! #188857 06/06/07 02:43 AM
A
ajnard Offline OP
OP Offline
A
hes a jock

Large, muscular, intimidating

I wouldn't wanna get into any trouble with him.

They are a good match though, both athletic and popular......i guesss

Ill try my luck tomorrow during school, and ill check back later tomorrow with an update.

ajnard

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site