RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#182747 05/18/07 03:33 AM
I
OP Offline
I
I don't know what to do anymore! my Girlfriend was talkin to her friend about "if" we break up she may go with this other guy..... and im starting to worry if she is gonna leave me for him and if i lose her i dunno what i am gonna do.... i haven't been in a relation ship this good ever and i love her to death but im not sure she feels the same... can anyone help me? i need to know if she "truely" loves me or is she just saying it... and how can i found out if she is planning on breaking it off? i need help and im about to fall apart, this girl is my life and i don't want to lose her, i will do anything it takes to keep her, i will give up anything.... i just want to be with her....... ,,,,

Last edited by PDM; 05/18/07 09:28 PM. Reason: e-mail address removed
A
Best Friend
Best Friend
A
Unfortunately you haven't posted your age or the age of your girlfriend and I'm assuming you're both very young. Love at this age (this being the case) can feel like it's the world to you but communication is such an important factor in a relationship.

The best advice I can offer is to talk to your girlfriend about this and don't keep assuming things or listening to others. She's the only one who can tell you if she truly loves you or not.

Perhaps she's unaware of exactly how you feel towards her. You need to talk.

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hello Paul & welcome to the forum

First of all, I'm sorry but I have removed your e-mail address from your post. It's not a good idea to advertise it on the Internet like that. People can send you private messages if necessary.

Right now, I think, as Aerial says, your age does make a difference to what is happening here.

You say that your girl is talking about another boy. I can understand how that might upset you, but how do you know that it is true?

If you break up, you believe that you would feel terrible ~ and you probably would. Young people have very intense feelings and emotions. It can make things seem absolutely wonderful, but, if things go wrong, it can make everything seem awful.

How can you know if she loves you or if she is planning on breaking up?

As Aerial says, ask her.
Not her friends; not your imagination, but her.
That's the best way to learn the truth, though, of course, she may not wish to be honest if she has started to become interested in someone else.

Hopefully she is as happy with you as you are with her, but, just in case things don't go as you hope they will, remember this ~ the way you feel is normal for young people, and sad feelings pass, especially if you have someone you can trust to talk to. All young people go through this ~ the highs; the lows.

That's why so many older people say that their teens were the best years of their lives ~ but they wouldn't want to have to go through them again!

And it's where the ideas came from for songs like 'Why must I be a teenager in love?' & 'She was only 16'.

Good luck!

And read the other posts in this section ~ you will find that many of them are from confused and worried young men. It might help you to see that you are all going through similar things. Hope all turns out well for you. smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
PDM #182997 05/19/07 09:07 AM
P
Regular
Regular
P
Like others have said, the only way you can know is by asking her. Yes there is a chance she will lie, but here's a quote "Loving someone is giving them the power to destroy you, but trusting them enough not to."

Of course, this doesn't mean if she says "No.. I'm thinking about dating this other guy" you should let her walk all over you.
If she says yes she does love you, stick it out. If she says yes I do love you, but I am thinking about this other guy.. decide for yourself if you want to stick it out or not. If you are young... most likely you will have crushes on other people even if you are in a caring relationship. Some married adults have crushes on other people, but they know it's nothing but a little crush and is nothing compared to the love they have for their husband/wife. So you choose if this is acceptable to you or not.
If she says she doesn't love you, and is thinking about another guy, take it as is, and let her go. It may seem like the world would end if you do this, but in the long run you'll be happy. I had a boyfriend when I was younger I was with for a few years. I thought I could never love ANYONE like him, I thought I'd die if he left me. We were on again off again and when we finally broke up for good it was the end of the world to me. I couldn't eat sleep or anything for a couple months. It was HORRIBLE! BUT I did get over it. I moved on. Now that I found my fiance, I realize I didn't love him, I was just young and in "like" with him. I thank God we ended, if not I wouldn't have found the man of my dreams smile

God Bless,
Tasha
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Yes, Princess D is right there.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site