RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
proppi Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Well, hello to everyone here, this is my first post. I have a difficult problem in the romance area. So this is a long story and a special story for me. Well I guess it started after the 8th grade (im in my last year of college now), her name is Ida, who I like. I've known her since I was 9. She's a very special girl, intelligent, and VERY attractive.

So we went on a summercamp on our last year on high school, where I really felt that I need to talk to her about how I feel for her. It was a 7 days trip, and each day seemed to hard, since I was around the same girl everyday, I mean, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat without thinking about her. I had butterflies in my stomach each time I saw her, and waited for the 'right' moment. I had no idea if she liked me or not, but I liked her and I felt just talking to her. And one night, one of Ida's best friends found out that I liked her, and decided to help me out. She hooked up a "meeting" place, where I could tell her how I felt about her. When we met each other I went totally red, and I couldn't breath. I saw Ida laugh a bit, and then she took a look on me, and somehow I think she understood what was going on, and then she just ran away. Just 10 minutes after this incident I told her friend to tell Ida how I felt, and so she did. But the answer was a total failure, from what I heard.. (this was on the last day) and so from that day I couldn't even look properly into her eyes ever again. But still one thing bothered me, she didn't answer directly to me, and that kinda annoyed me. So I called her several times with great courage, but she never answered on purpose. Then all of a sudden on night I got a SMS from her, which said that she had no interest in me at all. I was totally broken after that...
Now we started on College, though I had applied for the same college as Ida, I didn't get in, because my grades were too low. Then a whole year had passed and once again I had applied on the same school as Ida. And luckly I got in, also in the SAME class as her. When I saw Ida there after such a long time, she smiled at me, and gave me a hug, telling that she felt good of joining her class. So from this day we started to talk more often, NOT MUCH, just friend talk, we hug each other (special occasions), and I could also call her asking her out for movies and boardgames and such, but the thing always annoyed me was that we always had some idiots around us, destroying the very good moment. Ida wasn't actually MS popular in the class, but she was well respected for her intelligent and looks. She doesn't drink, or smoke (no bad habbits), she's perfect on school and everything.

I try my best of forgetting her, but I can't.. It's hard, it's not been a day where I don't think about her. I mean, I see her everyday on school, but I get scared in talking to her sometimes, I really don't know what to talk about.. When she looks at me, I go all red, and totally make a fool out of myself. Recently there has also been a lot of talkin around the school that she's been seeing someone, but I just know that it isn't true. Also does Ida declines it. We walk together after school, and enjoy a 2 minute conversation which I totally make a fool out of.. As hanging out with the guys in the class, I've noticed that many guys also like her, more than a friend.. I wish I could tell them what I felt about her, but that would probably be spread out all over the school , which I'm death scared of...

There are only 3 months left of College, and still I'm not even close to make any difference in our relationship.. I may sound all sick, but I love her.. and I would do anything to gain her. I just wish it was a way I could tell her that I love her.

Also I want to add the fact that she isn't the PARTY girl, who like having their ass be clapped on by others. She's a nice girl, who doesn't drink alcohol. I once saw her sitting all by herself on a party, I went to her and had a little chitchat, but that was for like 1 minute, and then it was quite all along...
From what I've been experiencing she has a feeling of interest in me, because she gives me these looks, and her eyes are so magical that I can't even think clearly.

So my question to you all experts in this field is.. What should I do to make her interest in me grow more than before?.. The thing is that I want to be more than a friend to her... This must be one of the worst situations ever.. But this is my life smirk

H
H
I think we've all been there at least once in our lives...then again, that would depend on how old you are! When I was your age, I had a similar experience with a guy I went to college with. And one day, I just asked him point blank where I stood with him. I was shocked when he blurted he loved me! The worst that can happen is that she would tell you she isn't interested. I know that's a HUGE OUCH, but it sounds like she might be. Why don't you ask her out where the two of you can be alone and talk? Or buy her flowers and tell her she's more special to you than any other person. It would be a start, to let her know you want to be more than friends, and at the same time, would give you a clue by her response if there's a mutual feeling. Best to you in your endeavors!

[Ha, I'll never forget my roommate in college had a man who let the whole campus know he was in love with her. He'd yell "I love you, Renee, and some day I'm going to make you my wife!" She'd run off embarrassed, and tell him to go away. Well, today, 25 years later, they are happily married! You're not in grade school, hun. You're in college. So what if they talk...if you keep it in, she will never know.]

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Hi proppi & welcome. smile

You have known each other a long time. Maybe she still just likes you as a friend; or maybe she feels differently now.

I think it's very common for this sort of thing to happen. I had a huge crush on someone during my teens. He was friendly to me, but that's all. Meanwhile another boy had a crush on me. I spent a fair amount of time with him ~ as friends ~ but nothing more. I made it clear that that was all it was or was ever likely to be, but we could still be friends. Maybe that is how Ida feels about you.

Or maybe she's hoping that you still really like her and will ask her out.

It's about time to get this all out in the open, I think, but accepting that friendship might be all that there will ever be between you. Friendship can be heart-wrenching, when you feel that you are in love, but it is a good and positive thing in the long term.

Hopefully, one day, you will find your soul~mate. Then everything will fall into place. It may or may not be Ida.

Good luck! smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
C
C
you know its been awhile since that happened she is probably more mature then at that time. i would definitely tell her you still feel for her.

Ainsi obscurité, l'escroc de l'homme
P
proppi Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hmm... I'm not so sure when it comes to asking her out all alone and stuff.. From what I've noticed she would never go out 'alone' with me... But giving her flowers, wouldn't that just create more 'space' between us. I don't think she's ready yet, but the problem is that it's just 3 months left of school, and after that we'll seperate 4ever.. So as a friend, what do you guys suggest I should start doing.. (to get more close to her)..
PS: Today I asked her if she wanted to join me to the movies, watch a romantic film, but she said she couldn't because she had some personal problems to take care of.. That's not the first time, it's like 7/10 times she refuses, that could only mean she has NO interests in me frown But I love her so much.. drives me crazy....

PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I think that what you are going through is normal for young people.

Try not to worry about it so much.

Easier said than done, I know.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site