RomanceClass Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#160972 03/16/07 02:56 PM
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
Why can't a couple have an arguement without worrying that you are going to break up?

One or both suddenly doubt that the other likes them.

I should think that you should be able to voice different oppinions, argue over your belief and that is that. But next thing you know, it turns into a "you don't like me" or "I'm not good enough" or something else entirely, leaving the subject that was being argued over behind.

If we married someone who was exactly like we were, how boring that would be. I'd certainly get annoyed at the person, because I get annoyed at me, lol.

I think we should be able to argue over our differences, but still be friends and lovers, and never have to worry that you are no longer liked or loved.

1EleanorRigby

Regular
Regular
I agree with you...we have different opinions and beliefs than our friends and even if we do argue, we don't go around saying 'you don't want to be my friend anymore' That's something we used to do in grade school. For a healthy relationship, there needs to be a difference in opinions, but also a common middle ground. David loves to have the last word, it doesn't matter what we are discussing! I've learned to let it be or he'll turn it into a debate...it's easier to say what I'm thinking, ask him if he understands where I'm coming from, and leave it at that. smile I don't 'bow' down to his opinions but I do know when to shut up!! smile We have our disagreements but we don't let them rule our relationship.

Each bird you encounter brings a new light to your life.

Sunny-2-28-07
Sky-2-28-07
Honey-3-16-07
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
A good open discussion can clear the air ~ but if serious anger and / or malice is involved, that's when serious problems can result.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Latest Posts
Avoid Ghosting a Person
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:22 PM
Go To A Museum
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 06:17 PM
In Sickness and in Health
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:05 AM
i like my ex's friend
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 05:03 AM
Getting Closer to a Sibling
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:59 AM
Daily Yoga
by Lisa Shea - 11/11/21 04:54 AM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas
Non-Romance Relationships
Does He/She Like Me?
Dating
Long Term Partners
Breaking Up
Health and Exercise
Organizing and Cleaning
Stress Reduction

Newsletter
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Advertising
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site