Hello aclyons & welcome smile

Without more information, it is difficult to say, but, I could suggest a few things. Let us know if they ring true.

First, it's as well to ask ~ do you love him?
If so, do you ensure that he knows that you love him?
Do you feel loved by him?
Are you actually very very competent and independent?

In the past, women depended very much on their menfolk and this gave men their raison d'etre. They knew where they stood. Nowadays, women are much more able to deal with things themselves. This has left a lot of men wondering what their role is & feeling that they are not needed.

When women have children, men often feel pushed out, as if they are on the sidelines and not part of the important mother/child unit.

Women seem to suffer quite a bit from fatigue. It may be hormonal. Maybe it's to do with going to work, running the home and maybe even looking after children at the same time. This leaves less energy for showing enthusiasm for their husbands ~ whether it is a welcoming hug and smile on meeting, or making love in bed.

The thing is, most women can cope without men. That's just a truism. After all, most elderly women are left widowed, and, even at that age, they cope.

On the other hand, if women love their men, they don't want to cope alone. They want to share their lives with their soul mates. They want to love and nurture and they want to feel loved and nurtured. They want to share their joys and sorrows.

Do you tell your husband that you love him?
Do you tell him how lucky you feel to have him to share your life with?
Do you smile and give him a hug when he returns from work or whatever?
Do you feel loved and nurtured?
Have you started to take each other for granted, so that you don't bother to kiss each other hello and goodbye and goodnight?
Do you still go out together, for drinks, or a meal, or the theatre, or a sports event, or anything like that?

How long have you been married?
Is this a new thing for your husband, or has he felt like this for a while?
Do you have children?
Do you have children who live with you?
Do you live with in-laws?
Have you had any major things happening in your lives recently?
Has your husband lost his job, or lost a relative, or have you started a new job, or has a child left home ~ anything like that?

I would recommend that you sit and have a good long chat together about this. Be objective. Don't let arguments develop. Just be open with each other.

If you do still love him, tell him so.

If you do feel that you could cope without him, that's ok, but ~ provided it's true, of course ~ tell him that you wouldn't want to cope without him, because life is better working as a team.

I also suggest that you go to the library and read some of the 'Venus and Mars' books. I think that they are very good for helping women to understand men ~ and vice versa.

You can listen to useful talks at the website, as well.

http://home.marsvenus.com/
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Men-Mars-Women-V...6311&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mars-Venus-Colli...6311&sr=8-3G

Good luck smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.